by MommieTiger 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome Mommie Tiger!

Great observations.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Welcome MommieT

And the WT clock just keeps on ticking..........

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They don't know the day or hour. But, they always seem to guess that it is about 6 months to 2 years ahead, or just enough time to buckle down and start pious-sneering.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

Welcome to the board!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wiki shows clearly the JW formula and their floppy scripture gymnastics:

1. The "seven times" began after Zedekiah, the last king in the typical kingdom of God, was removed from the throne in Jerusalem by Nebuchadnezzar. 607 BC (rather than the secularly accepted 587 BC) is selected based on their beliefs that the Jews returned from captivity in 537 BC (rather than the secularly accepted 538 BC [ 9 ] ) and that the Jews were exiled in Babylon for exactly 70 years. The "seven times", based on a comparison with the 42 months (3½ years or 1,260 days) at Revelation 11:2,3 and 12:6,14, are construed to mean 2,520 days. A year is counted for each of the 2,520 days to arrive at 2,520 years, which are counted from October 607 BC to arrive at October 1914.( Daniel 4: 10-16, Numbers 14:34, Ezekiel 4:6)

Now they will begin to deny their "formula" that we never could understand and had to spend hours trying to understand. The GB only laugh now, laughing all the way to their "paradise" upstate New York. The GB or Headquarters' laughter is actually "scoffing" at the fools that bought it, believed it. The aged won't/can't figure the "new light" humor.

I can only hope more of the younger ones will laugh at the joke all the way out of the insanity.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

More DuB-ble Talk..

.....................:-)...OUTLAW

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem
    its ok to have our own thoughts on the publications as long as we share it with our immediate family only....and as long as its harmony with the Slave.

WTF? If you have your own thoughts.....but they are in harmony with that of the slave.....are they really your own thoughts then? Or are they just an adoption of THEIR thoughts?

The worst part of this is that witnesses will hear this and say "see? We aren't mind controlled. We have our own thoughts".....without realizing that making sure your own thoughts CONFORM to what the society says they should be IS MIND CONTROL

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

This a great thread, thank you for posting!! I don't come out much, but you definitely caught my attention. I am sure that this brother was probably ad-libing away from the outline. All that I have ever heard for 30 years is how CLOSE we are and we better be ready. It's interesting that someone actually is backing away (ever so slightly) from the long held "The end is coming tomorrow mentality"

Again, great thread!!!

• booby
    booby

SouthCentral - read what bnybyt said - sounds like this is not ad-libing away from the outline.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Mommy Tiger

"We don't know the day and the hour. There is no special formula to figure that out."

Note that they have never claimed that. Well, not since they were waiting for the rapture on the Sixth Street bridge in 1914. LOL.

They have always had formulas, but not for the day and the hour, for time frames, of which only the latest have not well and truly expired.

If you are going to make a JW think, do it using literature that describes expired time frames.

".... we've been around the blocks a few times." I hope that makes a few sit up and listen.

My lot would never say something like that. Certainly not in my presence. They use denial. "We never said ....... ". Which they did, of course. 'Convenient' memories.

It makes me want to go and sit in the hall with my immediate family (and a recorder) for that talk, then go home with them and show them the WTBTS literature that I came across while doing my research. No opinion to express, because I'm not allowed one that disagrees with the WT, just asking them to read the literature and explain it to me. If they tried to weasel out of it by attacking my motives, I would be able to play them the recording to demonstrate that I'm not the one not following their church's guidelines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit