Special day Last talk "No formula"

by MommieTiger 44 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MommieTiger
    MommieTiger

This weekend at our special assembly day, Let Gods Will Take Place the final talk was a head shaker.... The Bethel speaker was quite entertaining when he joked @ The shortcomings of the elders. He also made us laugh with the comment "We were told the end of the system is right around the corner, but we've found its been more than that, we've been around the blocks a few times." He told the young ones to make the truth their own by researching in the Wtbts publication (only). He also told us that its ok to have our own thoughts on the publications as long as we share it with our immediate family only....and as long as its harmony with the Slave. But the absolute topper was his closing comment was "We don't know the day and the hour. There is no special formula to figure that out." I almost went through the roof! No special formula! We preached for years that the special formula was within the generation of 1914! If they honestly think by humor and the right "spin" they aren't accountable....they are they delusional.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Welcome to forum MommieTiger, I hope you can stick around for a time. And times and a half of time. I'm just kidding.

Did you hear that right? " ok to have our own thoughts on the publications as long as we share it with our

immediate family only....and as long as its harmony with the Slave." That doesn't make sense. It means

they can's share it with the householder any more? hahaha

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Yes welcome to the forum and thank you for providing this post. Really shows you how tricky they can be with words.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

MommieTiger

If they honestly think by humor and the right "spin" they aren't accountable....they are they delusional.

so very true

• JustThatGirl007
    JustThatGirl007

I looked at my husband and said, "WTF?"

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Double speak at its finest.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome Mommie Tiger. The Watchtower Society is a very strange organizaion. I think some of the guys at the top don't take it very seriously at all. Listening to Fred Franz give his 1975 talk- it's in the archives- he made the audience laugh; they thought he was very witty- but many others had sold their house and really thought the end was coming. I'm sick of the mind-games they play- sometimes serious, sometimes joking- it's a psycopathic organization.

• bnybyt
    bnybyt

How much wood could brother Wistchuck chuck if brother Wistchuck could chuck wood?

MT, you probably were at the Natick Assembly Hall yesterday on Saturday, listening to Bro. Wistchuck weren't ya?

That's exactly the words he used. I was taken aback and had to look around when he said the bit about there not being a formula for knowing about the last days and Armageddon being around the corner. I remember how we had to study and vomit back comments about the day for a year and the six-oh-seven being a "pivotal year" and on and on. Wasn't that a formula? I and several million witnesses had misunderstood the study lessons.

It is so very insulting to pull something like this in front of so many elderly, faithful and loyal Witnesses who were around decades and decades back and were told they wouldn't grow old in this system of things.

Frankly, the hour long talk with Brother Wistchuck seemed overly long, drawn out and with little to encourage a person who wants to see God's will be done rather than the will and whim of people that profit from enslaving others mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

How much wood could brother Wistchuck chuck if brother Wistchuck could chuck wood?

• MommieTiger
    MommieTiger

bnybyt Nope no where near there. So that tells me that it was from a talk outline and is from the wt directly and not some lone Woodchuck. So, things the new angle.....omg.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    its ok to have our own thoughts on the publications as long as we share it with our immediate family only....and as long as its harmony with the Slave.

Thanks for sharing that, dear Mommy (peace to you and welcome!).

I looked at my husband and said, "WTF?"

What's even scarier is that EVERYONE didn't look at their spouses/children/friends/rowmates... and say "WTF!?", dear JTG007 (peace... and welcome to you, as well!).

A slave of Christ,

SA... shaking head in... well, disbelief isn't accurate, 'cause I believe he said it... so disgust is probably right... and so may have just thrown up in her mouth a little...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit