Why So Many Young People Are Leaving The Watchtower

by Jeremy C 140 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C

Juan Viejo2: Thank you. Unfortunately, I can’t open any of my PMs. I don’t know if it’s an issue with the site, or Internet Explorer. Hopefully I can access them soon.

Paul: Thanks, and yes, of course you can post this on your site.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I want to thank Jeremy C for his post. It is by far the finest I have read on this board. As unshackeled noted, I'm only sorry that I have not read his previous ones. I have put it in a separate file that I intend to share with others. That is because what is said about the lack of appeal this cult has for young people applies equally to anyone who rediscovers his God-given free will and power of reason.

I believe the deck is sloping and the furniture is sliding for the WTS. I hope I live to see its demise. At the same time, I feel pity and sorrow for those who are yet trapped aboard. There are still lifeboats available, but many of the passengers and crew won't get into them. They keep hoping for the rescue ship called Armageddon to arrive and same them, but their hopes are in vain, and I fear many will suffer the bitterest of disappointments. At the same time, I rejoice in my own escape. I have my life back and can look forward to spending my remaining years at peace, content, and happy.

Quendi

• agonus
    agonus

DaCheech,

There is a 4th type, those who sincerely believe - in the face of all reason - that This Is The Truth.

Those poor souls don't usually last long in the face of the other 3. Or they end up becoming like the other 3.

There's a reason the WT is constantly warning against leading double lives: This organization is a HOTBED - a breeding ground - for double lives. It's what they learn from those in power in the org, many if not most of whom are just as two-faced as any of the poor kids they're constantly chiding.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I’ve noticed many who never got baptized, faded away for a while, had their fun, and now hang around the periphery of the organization with the freedom to associate because of not having the DF banner hanging over their heads. It’s very odd.However, I don’t believe most of these people have a real devotion to (or an understanding of) the JW doctrines.It’s more of an emotional attachment for them.

You just described my wife, her sister, and her cousin that she does not speak to much. All three went out and did what they wanted, fell in love with 'worldly' men, my wife married me. My wife and her cousin go running back to the bOrg, her cousin got baptized first. She had brought her 'worldly' man and his daughter to VA Beach to hang out, they get a room together. My wife, wanting to be a good little dub, writes the elder's of her cousin's cong, effectively tattling on her. Feelings get hurt and now they do not speak, so sad.

My wife knows little to nothing about their doctrine, and I would say ditto that for the cousin and sister. I think the only reason why they hang on is for family. Truth is, I cannot blame them. I'm just thankful my family isn't very religious.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The apparent age of information is putting a stab directly at religious organizations like this ( WTS ).

Youth today who are being educated on computers know of its usefulness toward information,

certain information in the past that the WTS could quietly hide away from the public or their lured followers.

Since the WTS has cultivated its growth on manipulation and exploitation of peoples insecurities, the WTS.

has put themselves in a perilous situation now where " The Truth " is going to kick them right in the butt.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I could see that my kids needed more than just what the WTS provided. They needed something for THEM. There was nothing. So, it was easy for my kids to leave, especially when they saw the way I was being treated by the loving stars of the cong.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Jeremy, like my favorite youtube video I have to come back to your post over and over again.

I mentioned the Mormons before as did others. For a religion that has a number of wackadoodle beliefs they are still better run and better educated then witnesses. It's amazing to me how far in front of the JW's they are by whatever standard one wants to use. If I could have changed anything I think I'd rather be an ex mormon then an ex witness....I'd be better educated (they have five universities) and a football team to cheer on. Of course the coffee and booze thing would have been a problem.

The only good thing about the society is they drove me to drink............ and I never thanked them for that!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

You nailed it Jeremy, as always.

When we left the JWs, I went to HTP in London with Rev. Nicky Gumbal, the guy behind the Alpha Course. It was completely enlightening, inspiring and uplifting and confirmed many things that were so obviously wrong with the WTS that deep down I had been feeling for many years. Amazing music, interesting sermons, youth programs, an incredible Christian bookshop and refreshments after including the most fabulous home made cakes after! A strong community that was full of love and had a lot of fun! I almost wish I still believed . . .

The WTS is just a tired, sad organistion that keeps pushing that self destruct button having canned the only things that made it fun, interesting and fostered community spirit: original talks (not strictly tied to outlines), food at assemblies and the book study to name just a few.

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I agree wholeheartedly with what unshackled said,

''Excellent post, Jeremy C. Now I'm wondering what other gems I've missed in your other 400 posts.''

Thank you.

I read this site every day and have done for several years but I seem to have missed your posts.

So easy to read.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

my kids hate the KH.

Every couple of weeks, instead of going to KH we go to the water park............. and you guys should see the response: "no KH?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit