How do you make a living?

by paulnotsaul 102 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I loot shops in London, wearing my hoodie and Magaret Thatcher Mask.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Did lots of odd jobs as a regular pioneer then spent 13 years as a mould maker for a statue company before doing a stint as a security guard...

last 4 years self employed repairing basket case corvettes, also helped build a super car z06 vette (any of you car nuts want to see it PM me)

now in the process of another self employment career change making hat blocks for milliners.

An essential part of making a 'living' is also keeping costs down, ie; no credit cards, store accounts and personal loans!

oz

• talesin
    talesin

watersprout -=-- that is great news! I'm so happy for you, gurlie!

we're gonna have to throw you a partay for you in November.... if i'm still around ...

xx

tal

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Should've gone to uni but didn't cos the end was just round the corner in 87.

Ended up working in payroll for many years. Finally got sick of the grey cubicles and decided on a career change so I went to the Czech Republic to do a course in Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Taught there for a short while but it wasn't really for me. Came home and have not worked fulltime due to health issues. I am thinking of going to uni to do a degree in counselling.

• talesin
    talesin

BP - USWA has a great social work program .... dunno which route you want to go for counselling, but if it's thru SW, it might be worth checking out.

t

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    USWA has a great social work program .... dunno which route you want to go for counselling, but if it's thru SW, it might be worth checking out.

I googled USWA and it came up with United States Wrestling Association.... I don't think that's what you were referring to?

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Construction most of my life. Before the crash in 08' I bought houses fix them up and sell them. Then I worked with my wife for two years helping her in caring for our friend before he died. Now we have been unemployed for over a year. In many cases we are told we are to old for the job. So my wife and I decided to but into a co-op business and if we can get the govt. out of our way we will be selling donuts and coffee and breakfast stuff. This will be our business until we retire 9 years from now at 66. It's funny I can build a house from the ground up blind folded but I am told I am to old. Befroe I moved up north I was going for a job teaching homeowers home maintenance at a Voc Tech School. I had all the qualification. I should have over 40 experiences but was told they wanted someone younger just out of college. What I have you can't get in college. Most of the books and TV shows I see on this subject drive me nuts on how they show people the most backward ways of fixing things. Will instead of worrying about digging holes I will be worrying about donut holes. LOL Totally ADD

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I've made surfboards, been a stonemason (13yrs), concreter, brickie but did my back, so off to college for a diploma in Social Science (as I was leaving jws). That was 15yrs ago and I am currently case managing homeless teenagers...

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm a guard in a jail.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

entrepreneur (computers, software engineering, that type of stuff)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit