How do you make a living?

by paulnotsaul 102 Replies latest jw friends

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Since most of us believed it was right around the corner, how many of you went to any secondary schools or training? What do you do now to survive? Are you working or unemployed? Stay at home mom/dad? On disability? Looking for a job? You don't have to say were/who you work for. Just curious? I'ii start off, I work at Waste Management. I pickup your recycle and trash. Tips are always welcomed. peaceall paulnotsaul

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I pickup your recycle and trash. Tips are always welcomed....PaulnotSaul

Make sure the garbage can is empty,before you put the lid back on..

...................;-)...OUTLAW

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I work for a real estate vendor management company. Yeah, I know you can't hold back your excitement...

• designs
    designs

Solar, Wind, Thermal

• mummatron
    mummatron

I've worked since I left school at 18. I went to University and continued to work (on average 25 hours a week) retail jobs to support myself. When I graduated with a degree in I.T. I landed a job as the daytime tech support supervisor for a company providing managed hosting services to manufacturing clients. I did that for almost 4 years. I later got a job as the Support Manager for a firm that provided similar services and various communications solutions but on a larger scale. I liked the problem solving aspect of the job but hated being mostly office-bound. It wasn't very fulfilling. I had a baby, went back to work and realised I hated it, so I handed in my notice and started a post-grad course to become a teacher. I completed the 1st module. Did some temping in schools working with kids with special educational needs (autism mainly), had another baby and am now waiting to go back to Uni to finish module 2 and graduate again so I can start teaching unsupervised and get my QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) a year later.

• isojourn
    isojourn

for 5 + years I worked in accounting (Zzz). Now in the mortgage industry (ahaha, we'll see for how long).

My twenties are ending and I really, really, need to go back to school. Sadly, I'm intimidated by the concept of being the older girl in class.

• dm6
    dm6

Left school at 15 and went to full time work in a hotel as a chef. Worked 5 days a week and one day i went to college to qet qualifications and had one day off. Did that for 3 years, And got qualified. Traveled from Guernseu Channel islands to UK, worked all over UK, now in NZ.

Unemplyed because awaiting my visa! when and if its approved i have a job working for the mayor of Taranaki in his hotel.

Been cheffing for 9 years now.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Greetings,

Worked at an architects practice for many years, got made redundant in 2008, went to university full time am now awaiting results before continuing on the third year.

Best Regards,

Star Tiger

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Commercial Aviation.

Attended Boston College for two years,then dropped it all to full-time pioneer. WINNING !!!!!! Not.

Been with my company 10 years this past April.

Ironic that you posted this thread, as I was writing a thread on this subject, or making a living.

I think I deleted it by accident,but I plan to post it in the next 30 minutes

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I'm an Architectural Consultant for a large window manufacturer. I help with technical info, and write specs. I conduct AIA accredited seminars. I'm also membership director for CSI, Boston chapter. September will mark my 10th year with my company.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit