Guys!! Guys!!! Two Jehovah's Witnesses were just at my door!!

by ziddina 52 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

LV101 --- good luck with that!

t

• tec
    tec

Good for Zid for speaking up (though I really would not have doubted that ability in her, lol)

would appreciate the learned bible scholars (JW's or believers in God/Jesus) on board refuting/objecting to ZID's comments with the two witnesses at her door today. thanks

Not a biblical scholar, but am a believer in God and Christ, so I'll comment if no one minds.

First, if all or most religious beliefs originated in the same place and spread out, then they should carry some similarities. Sort of the same way that languages carry similarities, and those similarities dilute depending on distance and time.

Second, in the same way that pre-Christian Buddhism is somewhat different than post-Christian Buddhism, some of the similarities don't eksist at all OR were taken from Christianity and then added in as being somewhere else first. Such is Mithraism. Or we read too much into a carving. As is the case with Mithraism again.

Third, most of the similarities between all of these - Dionysus, Zeus, Buddha, etc, etc, are mistaken or fabricated; similar to the Zeitgeist Christ-myther claims. I researched those. Now I have not researched every single one of them, and Innanna is one of those. I did read an article in the Encyclopedia Mythica - but the only real similarity I saw was that she had gone to the underworld, died there, and then had to get her lover to take her place so she could leave. I'm sure that's the condensed version, but no matter. The ones I've looked up have been false or misrepresented; I have no reason to think that it will be any different with more names thrown out.

Even so, the similarities don't really bother me, when there are actual similarities (not identical, just a similar feel). Because as I said, they all flowed from somewhere, and so all should have carried some similar ideas.

Think of how many different views Christians have of God in just a couple thousand years... and that's WITH a book that should have been able to keep us somewhat in line ;)

I asked them whether they believed that the OLDEST god should be the "true" god... They hemmed and hawed, but wouldn't aswer me.

As for this - there is a difference between oldest god, and oldest known god. (known as in dated artifacts attributed to him/her) I don't believe in the God and Father of Christ because of the date of the bible, but becasue of Christ.

Peace,

Tammy

• LV101
    LV101

OK ZID (CAN'T wait to be shot down here by you knowledgeable, history buffs) but you referenced to the two witnesses something that happened thousands of yrs. (or hundreds of yrs. before Christ) from some society's history based on someone trying to translate a bunch of rocks, whatever, and it happens to parallel accounts of Jesus (what a coincidence) and just how do you know it's true --- it cannot be proved as science or fact. it's still translation.

wish someone would address and counter your statements to the witnesses --- someone who BELIEVES in christianity. HELP!!!!!!

• LV101
    LV101

AHHH, TAMMY shows up --- thank you! YES!!!

Talesin --- see, there's hope --- your comment is funny and i need a laugh.

• tec
    tec
    Talesin --- see, there's hope --- your comment is funny and i need a laugh.

I thought it was funny too. I didn't see it until after I posted, so I had to grin :)

Peace,

Tammy

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Good job Zid! Maybe too good, I doubt that older one will ever come back, and the younger one is due for some extra shepherding if the older one reports she listens to such talk. There's probably a special note on the the territory card about you, something like

"Danger: the she-devil lives here!"

I wonder what would happen if they saw you wearing your red dragon outfit? That would scare most of them straight back to the car and off to the other end of the territory!

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Ziddina; I remember a few years ago when you first came to jwd. you didn't like how i dealt with jw's, that I was too rude or used my knowledge to go over their heads. We had a few disagreements but i liked your way, and one poster said you and me would become friends. that old time poster was right. I have read you work and have enjoyed it . I always liked your style. Today you did great work at the door , you made the young jw think. YES YOU DID... that's all it takes is to make on think!!!!!!! what you did today was to show a older jw has no qualifactions to take out some 17 year old in fs. to preach facts. to make a jerk out out of and oldtimer holds more weight than you think.... Judge rutherFRAUD

• Velour
    Velour

Lucky...

• wobble
    wobble

Zidd made a JW think, now, that is harder than the blood out of a stone thingy !!

Well done Zidd ! I never get the chance to do this, been living here since god was a boy so all the Dubs steer clear.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Awesome job, Zid! I hope you at least reached the younger one. You have way more knowledge on these subjects than me.

Not too long ago a couple of JW women knocked at my bro's door. He answered and they started their schpiel so he stops them and says "Oh, yeah, my parents are Jehvoah's Witnesses." They smile and start to step forward and as they're doing that he says to them "And I've had quite enough of that." and closed the door. I cracked up when he told me that story!

Don't these people know we're working from home now ? Stop interrupting our work for Pete's sake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit