Guys!! Guys!!! Two Jehovah's Witnesses were just at my door!!

by ziddina 52 Replies latest jw friends

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

Zid, I love your theories on volcano Jehovah, it just makes so much sense!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Love it! Way to go Zid!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Thx, Re-illuminator... You're not just sayin' that, right...??

I intend to - eVENtually - develop several threads showing the probable connections between volcanic eruptions in the Golan Heights/Saudi Arabian volcanic field/Vesuviuus, and certain accounts in the bible...

Thanks, Sweet Pea!!

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

My method when they knock at my door is to ask why they don't believe in going to heaven. Then they say something about the 144k and the "great crowd". So I ask to them to read rev. 19:6 and ask to them to confirm this great crowd are the ones who will live in earth. They will say YES. Then ask to them read the rev. 19:1 and ask again where are these "great crowd". Enjoy and have some fun with they responses about it.

• Soledad
    Soledad

If you get a return visit and want to really blow their minds....talk about the parallel's between the life and works of Buddha and Jesus Christ....and how Buddhism infiltrated the Middle East due to interchange between the two cultures years and years before Christ was born. Perhaps Buddha is the answer as to warring "Jehovah" of the old testament and peace-loving Buddha...

You should have been a fly on the wall during the conversation I had with my mother once about this very same thing. LOL.
  • dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Great original post. Im going to familiarize myself with those main points and use em

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Thanks for bumping this, I enjoyed reading it. Besides ziddina's posts, I also love the post by WontLeave on page 1, it's one of the most incisive things I've seen someone write about the Witnesses.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Ziddy you naughty little dragon!

Good job, I'm proud of you.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I started out by asking them if they knew how old the Bible was....

I asked my Father how many books were in the Bible. He didn't know. The guy was a baptized JW for over 25 years and had no clue how many books are in the Bible. This is Bible 101. Sheesh.

Wontleave is so right... JWs don't want to talk to anyone who knows more than they do about the Bible and history. They're looking for low hanging fruit... people who are vulnerable and have no knowledge of the things they speak of. They have an agenda as all Christians have since inception... convert or die. Misery loves company.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Great thread, and a belated well-done, Zid. I wish I would have had those particular points last night when I was debating with my ex. He kept insisting that I needed to believe in God and the bible. I do like your point about the bible coming from the middle east and reflecting those types of attitudes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit