THE FLOOD - What's Jehovah's problem now?

by sizemik 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sizemik
    sizemik

This question has been bugging me for a while now . . . since the last thread on the Biblical Flood.

It's like this . . .

Immediately prior to the flood, Jehovah had deemed the Earth full of badness, totally wicked and "ruined" . . . GEN 6; 5, 11, 12, 13.

Jehovah found Noah to be righteous and blameless . . . a man who walked with God . . . GEN 6; 9, 7;1.

The heavenly rebellion had taken place and the rebels identified by coming to Earth GEN 6;2

After the flood, Noah and his family inherited a cleansed Earth GEN 7; 21-23.

Was this not the perfect time for the restoration of "God's loving purpose". The issue of man's faithfulness had been settled. The issue of God's sovereignty had been settled. All rebels could have been destroyed at this point. This was in effect an "Armageddon"

Some might say the Messiah along with his sin-atoning sacrifice hadn't emerged yet . . . well, why not? PRIOR to the flood would have been the perfect time to institute such an arrangement.

Some might say "sin" needed to be made manifest . . . but it already was. Lest how could Noah have remained apart from it and be declared righteous?

It makes no sense to me that billions yet unborn needed to have the opportunity to choose . . . they didn't exist! And only for 99.9% to miss the mark anyway. Also on that principle . . . what of all the potential offspring of those billions set to die in the modern day Armageddon?

Why didn't the flood settle things? It makes no sense to have a "dress rehearsal" with all the elements present . . . only to go through the whole process again to the detriment of billions more people.

Anyone alse wondered about this? . . . What say you?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

You might have to start looking at events an extra 10,000 years or so ago and then ask the Egyptians or Sumerians what really happened. The Jews had a way of taking myths and making them literal while putting themselves in the middle of everything.

One thing you hit on where the Bible is correct... the rebels did come here and screw things up, but they weren't "demons" like we've been told, they were alien astronauts with a negative orientation, and Jehoover was their leader. Basically, they wanted to be in control and to be served. It's the same shit, different day.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm embarrassed to say I never thought of it like that. But you do have a point.

I wonder what the Bible-believers will have to say about this?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You make a great point Sizemik. I've never thought of it that way, either.

We could also add the Borg view that the "soon" Armageddon isn't the FINAL judgment, EITHER. They then have to wait ANOTHER 1000 years and have ANOTHER Armageddon-like event. "Evidently" that is the one that will finally bring the earth into line with God.

So THREE total Armageddon events just to clean up a mess that HE created in the first place with a ridiculous command not to eat a particular type of fruit.

We're supposed to believe all this is real? Seriously?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The flood didn't seetle things because the flood wasn't about Sin, it was about the rebelious angels and their off spring.

Noah and his family still sinned and the rest of the people not effected by the flood ( it wasn't global, but localized) still sinned.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

Actually the flood is an imaginary fairy tail, akin to other stories of folklore and fantasy. I really am enjoying the series Game of Thrones on HBO and am a huge fan of Frodo Baggins, but I have sense enough to know that Dragons and Elves are not real.

I would submit that anyone who thinks the story of the Noah's ark and the flood is factual, is lacking some critical thinking ability,,,,,,

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The flood storys is shared by MANY cultures in that area, chances are that a flood and an pretty bad one did happen.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Just to clarify . . .

There's been a number of threads on the credibility of the Biblical flood . . . a couple of them started by me.

The evidence both for and contrary to it's authenticity is discussed here . . .

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/210023/1/GLOBAL-FLOOD-Did-it-Really-Happen

The questions here are being asked in the hypothetical framework of Biblical teaching and JW (or wider) Christian belief. Any who may be able to offer a credible explanation to the questions posed or comment on the apparent quandary posed in the OP will be of interest . . . using bible passages and WT references will be fine.

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

PS, yes I am aware of that as well. There is a long history of natural disasters of many kinds throughout history. However I am saying that the specific story regarding the Angels coming to earth to chase skirt and one family building such a fantastic structure and shuffling animals into it and saying the earth had never rained before and it rains untill there is no more land anywhere all because the Divine Host is *issed off.

If you beleive that - I have some swamp land if Florida I think you should invest in. As the man said in the Movie - Don't be so gullible McFly.

• sizemik
    sizemik

You get no argument from me . . . see the other thread

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit