They caught me house-sitting in Houston this morning

by Fatfreek 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I hope you threw in a pinch of sympathy at some point . . . you know, like "I'm only telling you this because I love you Dad" sort of thing?

Your Dad was a JW Murray?

I can assure you that my Dad doesn't deserve any sympathy for his position. He chose his path. He deserves the consequences.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

I don't know what I've said to upset you guys to invite this hostility . . . just trying to be helpful . . . forget I said anything OK?

Just for the record . . . my Dad died over 30 years ago . . . I never had the opportunity to either hate him or make him cry

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Thanks all. Murray, I enjoyed your list of varied items and will certainly explore them for future.

Len

• willyloman
    willyloman

......."well, I never taught that".

Classic case of cognitive dissonance.

• moshe
    moshe

I saw a car load of JWs working my BLVD about a mile up the road. I was bring my wife home from a Drs appointment and when I saw them- My blood pressure shot off the scale - good lord, they just don't know when the have been beaten, do they? The WT train to the new order and paradise Earth got derailed when the new generation teaching came out and it's still in the ditch, too.

• bob1999
    bob1999

"

......."well, I never taught that".

Classic case of cognitive dissonance."

I agree.

In my original post I failed to mention that this person has been a JW since the 1950's.

He had to have handed out plenty of those Awakes with the teaching about the generation.

Here's a link to more information about the 1995 generation change, http://www.cftf.com/1914/index.html

that shows exactly what the WTS meant by "generation" before 1995.

Peace

• willyloman
    willyloman

He had to have handed out plenty of those Awakes with the teaching about the generation

Right. Re spread the word to hundreds of people, or thousands. He doesn't see the connection. Or doesn't want to see it.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

That is an interesting question to ask a witness though. How many lies (or "untruths" if you want to be diplomatic) have you personally taught or proliferated about the bible? You just have to look at how long they've been an active publisher and then go down the list of how many times the teachings have changed in that time period. You can then point out, "you taught falsehoods about the bible, god, and his purposes." I wonder what their response to that could possibly be?

• bob1999
    bob1999

"How many lies"

"You just have to look at how long they've been an active publisher and then go down the list of how many times the teachings have changed in that time period."

How long and how many changes and how many magazines handed out between changes.

Each magazine handed out = one lie. It's may be the same lie over and over again and maybe to the same person over and over again but none the less a lie is a lie.

"the Creator’s promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

The awake magazine said this or something very similar for about 20 years.

So, what are we talking in terms of numbers for a active, long time JW?

Thousands? That's a lot of apologies owed.

Peace

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Fatfreek:

JWs are not able to explain, much less defend their beliefs. Meeting an informed person at the doors, whether an ex-JW or a non-JW, is their nightmare and they will find a way to quickly retreat. They are only able to present a canned speech and anything other than that will send them running.

The days of long-winded doorstep bible debates with "knowledgeable" JWs is a thing of the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit