They caught me house-sitting in Houston this morning

by Fatfreek 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Great job Len . . . it is good that you took the opportunity seriously. Sounds like you planted some serious doubt there.

It's good to remember these are the victims of a mind-controlling cult and deserve every assistance we can offer to GET OUT. I wish (as many do) that someone had taken the time to pose a well-informed question to make me re-think things a lot earlier.

It's a selfish error to look down on and deride current JW's, when we were one and the same for so long ourselves.

Great job

• AK MCGRATH
    AK MCGRATH

I like your experience FF and what you said Murray.

I've always thought what I would do if JW's were to come to my door. No one knows my past JW identity. After "lurking" on this board for a month or two, I now think I would invite them in and try to reason with them; and by reason, I mean doing what they would try to do on a call: plant a seed of doubt against the HH's religious belief.

It's got to be better than what I did the last time they called. I was sitting at the computer, and got up quick to run and hide from them and immediately stubbed my tow. It hurt for a whole damn week. Did I mention I was naked? Then again, maybe I should've answered the door.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Good job. That is my usual gambit, too - I used to be a study. Usually, though, they quickly see through that - I know too much.

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

There are plenty of threads here on how best to 'plant doubts' when visited by JW's . . . usually it's best to stick to a single topic (as Fatfreak did). It's not too difficult for XJW's to do this . . . after all they've done all the walking.

If we are holding on to bitterness and resentment so as to neglect the opportunity . . . we are well wide of the mark IMO . . . and have some ways to go.

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

Great thread fatfreek; yes Moshe . who said you can't teach an old dog a few new tricks? pulled the NISAN 14 NISAN 15 STUFF on my jw dad a few days ago. as well as other wt crap long story short I made the Man cry it was sad. His whole defense was I hate jehovah? then I buried him on the word Jehovah from his own wt books. it's creepy what jw's will do to WORSHIP A 12 HEADED GOD CALLED THE FDS IN BROOKLYN...

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

Serious? . . . You made your old man cry? . . . mercy sakes JunkYardDog . . . that's living up to your name.

I hope you threw in a pinch of sympathy at some point . . . you know, like "I'm only telling you this because I love you Dad" sort of thing?

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

AGAIN my jw dad could not name one of the FDS.. so I offered to call bethel with him and ask them to verify who the FDS IS or name them etc. and their qualifications etc etc etc. it was at that point he started to cry. SAD BUT TRUE

• Murray Smith
    Murray Smith

SAD BUT TRUE . . . . Amen

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

MURRY SMITH; you don't know my story and what the JW'S did to me. SO HOLD YOUR TONGUE. I have every right EXPOSE THE WTS. I made a WORSHIPPED OF THE WT LIE IN GODS NAME. you have no idea what the wts has put me through. SO i made the poor wts asskissing bastard a LIAR. JUST USING THE WT PUBLICATIONS. YOU HAVE A PROPLEM WITH THAT? TELL ME ABOUT IT MURRY?

• nugget
    nugget

fabulous job FF. I wouldlove to play with the witnesses too but no one calls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit