Watchtower’s Judicial System

by Marvin Shilmer 46 Replies latest jw friends

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

MS - Thanks for checking if I've seen it. I did find it online. However, I haven't done a side-by-side comparison between it & the other WT lit such as the OD book to see if the claim the JW's make: that the WT provides enough information for a potential convert to make an informed decision without seeing the confidential material such as the Flock book, is true. From what I read here, it looks like another falsehood.

• Terry
    Terry

The strangest comment I've heard so far from a JW was my former brother-in-law. Years later he was talking to me again (for awhile, at least)

and he told me point blank "Nobody should ever get disfellowshipped for suspicion. There has to be either confession or a witness to a sin that moves the judicial committee to act."

I told him that his sister (my ex-wife) had reported me to the committee on the suspicion I had separated from her NOT because she was an alcoholic, but, so that I could be free to have sex!

He asked me if I had indeed had sex with somebody other than my wife. I told him absolutely not.

He then asked me if I had spent the night in the same house as female with whom I was not married.

I said yes.

"Oh well then, YES they fully had the right to disfellowship you! No man can stand a temptation like that without committing fornication!"

My jaw dropped when I heard that.

What a blanket statement of such utter stupidity.

It hit me this is EXACTLY why I don't ever want to be JW again! The thinking is evil-minded!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Watchtower's Judicial System makes me mad!

Over the years I've seen the WT/Elder Judicial System wreak havoc on many an individual's life, especially the young. That probably is the main reason why many 'older' men who do indeed qualify to serve as Elders opt not to.

Down with the Watchtower's Judicial System.

• InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

JW GoneBad - Good point. The JW judicial system looks like a recipe for wreaking havoc in people's lives. A potential convert should ask him/herself, "do I want to become part of an organization with a judicial system like that?"

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS detests worldly governments as evil.

Yet in many of these countries court proceedings are conducted in the open where the media and other interested persons can observe what goes on.

• Ding
    Ding

A question.

Does anyone know of a situation where the elders formed a JC to try to DF someone who had already DAd?

... A "you can't quit; you're fired" sort of thing?

• minimus
    minimus

The WT. is governed by lawyers. Lawyers aren't interested in following biblical legal precedent. They have one aim: to win.

• minimus
    minimus

I know that a BOE tried to do this but were instructed by the Society to simply allow the person to disassociate. Disassociation is a lot neater and less messy for WT. That's why I personally do not suggest this personal action. Let THEM make the decision. Perhaps you could fight their unfair action.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "He asked me if I had indeed had sex with somebody other than my wife. I told him absolutely not.
    He then asked me if I had spent the night in the same house as female with whom I was not married.
    I said yes.
    "Oh well then, YES they fully had the right to disfellowship you! No man can stand a temptation like that without committing fornication!"
    My jaw dropped when I heard that.
    What a blanket statement of such utter stupidity. ..."

... Good frikkin' grief, Terry...!!!

Of course, you have to remember that the Watchtower Society had "Da Judge" Rutherford as their prime example of man's 'ability' to resist temptation - or lack of ability thereof - for over 30 years...

Zid

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If you're going to get DFd any time you are alone overnight with a member of the opposite sex, then WHY NOT JUST GO AHEAD AND HIT IT?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit