The Lord's Memorial Day

by lovelylil 45 Replies latest jw friends

• serein
    serein

im remembering christ tonight with my family at home, i beleive that he wanted all to partake who were bringing there life in to true faith,so all my family will partake

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

What more is there to say, that AGuest has not already said? Well done, Shelby!

"Wherever two or more gather in His name..."

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The holiday of Pesach , or Passover , falls on the Hebrew calendar dates of Nissan 15-22. Here are coinciding secular dates for the upcoming years:

2011: April 18-26

2012: April 6-14

2013: March 25-April 2

2014: April 14-22

2015: April 3-11

Note: The Jewish calendar date begins at sundown of the night beforehand. Thus all holiday observances begin at sundown on the secular dates listed, with the following day being the first full day of the holiday. (Thus, the first Passover seder is held on the evening of the first date listed.) Jewish calendar dates conclude at nightfall.

The first two days of Passover (from sundown of the first date listed, until nightfall two days later) are full-fledged, no-work-allowed holiday days. The subsequent four days are Chol Hamoed, when work is allowed, albeit with restrictions. Chol Hamoed is followed by another two full holiday days.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you for this thread Lil - I am partaking privately here in the UK and reading this just afterwards has helped me to feel the connected to all who are in union tonight.

I have been assisted greatly this year by Shelby's and others thoughts and comments to sort out my own conscience and feelings about the importance of my private memorial celebration.

Sending warmest love to you all and praying for God's blessing to be upon you.

Loz x

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Just finished my first memorial observance with some bible student friends from ohio. Their service was online using connect pro so no matter where you are, you can join in, listen and chat with others online too.

It was very nice I must say. I am not in agreement with all the BS beliefs but at least they allow everyone to partake! Had my bread and wine ready. Listened to a nice service about Christ, his crucification and how to carry your cross as a believer, lots of scriptures shared during this part. Also some thoughts from their Pastor Russell. I am not Russell's biggest fan but I must say nothing was read of his that I could not agree with, including a wonderful prayer he wrote about his faith.

This was followed by testimonies about God's power in people's lives. Then the memorial talk given by a brother Bill Gill. Very good job he did. His talk basically was about what a privelage it is to know Christ and be part of this church. 3 hyms were sung during the service. Lastly, we partook, said goodbyes and ended there.

Much different than the JW's do it, no rejecting of Jesus blood and body here.

Tomarrow I will be hosting a memorial observance at my home, and will be partaking again with those friends and hopefully my husband too. This will be his first year partaking, if he goes through with it. No judgeing though if he is not ready.

Hope everyone that is partaking tonight is having a blessed night and for those who are not, hope you are enjoying your time with loved ones too. Will check back in tomarrow after the other observance in my home. Peace, Lilly

• tec
    tec

I haven't responded on any of these threads because I have never partaken. I have never gone to church in order to partake (not since I was a child, and therefore, not yet allowed). The only Memorial I ever went to is the JW one - and of course, I was just following their rules that one time that I attended. I have never been certain that it was needed. But I think simply doing something that Christ asked us to do is reason enough. I may not understand everything about the meaning... but He asks us to partake if we wish to have life. I don't really need anything more than that.

I just have no one to partake with. My children perhaps, if they wish. I think I can alsp join Syl (on-line, at least) in partaking tomorrow evening. I will keep you all in my thoughts as well.

Love Tammy

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

tammy,

You are never alone if you are in Christ. You are joined by the millions of other members of his body. This is really why I started this thread. So wherever we may be or no matter if 1 or 2 are gathered, we KNOW we are part of something much bigger than ourselves. We are part of the body of Christ, the universal church, with members all over the world. And we are united in the same spirit of the Lord.

Some scriptural thoughts for tonight;

2 Corinthians 13:14
    May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Romans 12:5
    so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others

1 Corinthians 12:27
    Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

1 Corinthians 6:17
    But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit

Peace, Lilly

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, Lilly.

I've just finished reading some intriguing information about the last meal Jesus of Nazareth shared with His disciples.

The case is made, quite compellingly, that it may not have been a Passover meal or seder, but a celebratory meal customarily given by a rabbi after his students had successfully completed a course of study. Very, very interesting ...

Also, the different understandings of what is meant by "between the two evenings" was given consideration.

I hope to share it with y'all sometime.

I look forward to "toasting" you on the morrow, Tammy.

Outlaw, you have a big and generous heart.

Love and peace to all.

Syl

• snowbird
  • lovelylil
    lovelylil

Syl,

I would love to hear about it sometime. Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit