Feb 15th WT article - teach your kids violence

by just n from bethel 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

I can see why this wouldn't be in the "public" edition.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Wow. Just wow. 3 Years old. This made me LOL really bad.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Hey you gotta show them that death is okay in God's book.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle
    "My husband and I had trouble reaching our daughter when she was about three years old."

Yeah, this got a WTF from me also.

• inbetween
    inbetween

during mostly boring WT study I get time to look (read) those extar artcilces in there, I noticed also the picture, and showed to my wife. We had a good laugh...

I more and more wonder, how this things can slip through...or like some other poster mentioned, the mags are really designed for uneducated desperate soziopaths, they accept everything as long as somebody the org) accepts them...

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

someone ought to design a video game where you have to re inact scenes from the old testament.

that would be banned before it was even released.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I know, let's all enact the scene with Iehu and Jezebel! We could use this set of My Little Pony for the charriot, the Barbie and Ken dolls will be the main characters and our puppy can be the wardogs. Oh, it's gonna be a fun family study evening!

• sir82
    sir82

Yes, what a good lesson to teach: Violence is bad, evil, horrific...unless God authorizes it - then it's A-OK!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Mad Sweeney said:

They just had a "local needs" part all over the USA (how is that local?)

That way they can say it was the local elders who made the directive, NOT corporate headquarters.

Think about it; they want it both ways on this one, CONTROL and also lack of accountability.

They can say: the local elders chose to present this information.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They are teaching children that God loves violence (evidently, he does--just look at all the Old Testament examples). And they are going to re-enact it. Yet, if I were to put a 50 Cent CD "The Massacre" into their CD player and play that, they would have a cow.

Remember, 50 Cent portrays violence as entertainment. The Washtowel rag is suggesting that children portray violence as future reality. And it makes no sense--the stories all happened thousands of years ago, and we cannot accurately predict what Jehovah is planning on doing, or when. Hey, I can't with 100% certainty predict when silver will make the leap out of the double digit range up to $6,000 per ounce. Yet, the witlesses are supposed to re-enact what they believe is about to happen, which serves no purpose.

Another thing is that, if I believe silver is on its way to north of $6,000 per ounce, the sensible thing is to buy it. The witlesses don't like that--"too worldly, not putting trust in Jehovah". And that would actually give me the benefit--even if it only hits $100, I make a more modest profit. Then they expect the witlesses to invest time re-enacting what Jehovah is supposedly going to do. Doing so carries no benefit, regardless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit