Walkill Bethel Recreational Facility

by dontplaceliterature 63 Replies latest jw friends

• journey-on
    journey-on

Wow! Somebody is reading this post mighty frequently! Over 25,000 hits!

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23

I remember the digs at the Bossert hotel being pretty extravagant a few years ago!

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I never ever saw anybody in the indoor pool at Patterson when I was there. Now the outdoor pool at Wallkill was a different story.

The facilities (ball courts) were always loaded at Patterson after work. When stationed at Wallkill there were no indoor rec areas for ball play.

MTM

• Alfred
    Alfred

I was just searching Google Maps, and noticed quite a lot of construction adjacent to the west side of Watchtower Farm buildings in Walkhill... could part of that construction possibly include this "Rec center"???

By the way, in the already existing facility, I noticed a massive kidney-shaped swimming pool (approx 60 X 30 feet) with a pool deck and what appeared to be lounge chairs. I guess they decided this pool is too small and now they need an olympic-sized one?

• erbie
    erbie

This is all staggering! I had no idea of this stuff.

Surely they have to keep thinking of things to spend their surplus cash on, right?

Don't the poor and needy want it? Or are they just scum?

I have a word to describe the Watchtower which I will keep to myself.

• Refriedtruth
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

My biggest question is "what for swimming attire will they wear"? A bikini with a white t-shirt? Bloomers, knee highs and bathing caps? All done in dark colors, shades of Victorian era bathing beauties? Or ugly skirted suits with large flowers? How about the brothers, euro-style trunks, skin tight and showing every, ahem, line? Or American style trunks, with tropical prints and so long and big you could fit two guys in them?

CJ

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

You mean that you are surpised that the Watchtower cries it's poor, but has money to "waste"? Perhaps with the Generation Overlapping, they figure they can all swim until the New World? Perhaps the swimming pool is to provide water to the Bethelites during Armagheddon?

Seriously, I wonder how much money the Watchtower "wastes", and whether it will blow all of our minds? And, all the active JW minds?

We're over 27,000 hits. What's going on? Are we on fire? Is WTS imploding?

• Refriedtruth
  • biometrics
    biometrics

They can stand up there and brag that they don't draw huge salaries

You know every business person, or boss I've ever spoken with emphasizes how they don't get big salaries (like employees). But you know, when they sell the business they always clean up big time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit