Walkill Bethel Recreational Facility

by dontplaceliterature 63 Replies latest jw friends

• truthlover
  • MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe they'll allow local underpriveledged kids to use these facilities. I'm not familiar with area (being English) but I imagine like most 'inner cities' there are areas of extreme hardship.

...and no, I'm not serious, I don't think for one minute that the WT would give anything (apart from trashy mags) to the local community, whereas I bet other Christian Religions would open their doors for the benefit of the community.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

In 1974 the Watchtower bought celebrity BOB HOPE'S HOUSE (slight amend was not his home but his property)

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_12693576 LINK

I remember service meeting talks 1969-71 on justifying the watchtowers purchase of property (that we knew about) when they were clamoring the end of it all in 1975 and the rank and file 'encouraged' to keep it simple.EVERYBODY was perplexed that they were buying up big chunks of Brooklyn

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/214370/1/Article-News-analysis-Inside-the-Brooklyn-Bridge-Park-deal-e2809cThe-Jehovahe28099s-Witnesses-have-been-the-immense-beneficiariese2809d

CLICK Watchtower cashing in on the Kingdom of their Brooklyn little Vatican to a windfall of hundreds of millions.

Watchtower described by a respectable New York paper as the money changers in the temple.

Know this 100% of the young adult Jehovah's Witnesses from 1975 and prior (my generation) were convinced in their heart that they would never need to keep money aside for their old age survival.

The Watchtower bought this land with donated money they fleeced from sheep with their constant apocalyptic fervor and they renovated the properties with FREE labor.

Now they are cashing in on da kingdom

• Ding
    Ding

Why would they need a recreational facility at all?

Should they be out in service full time, given how close they keep telling us Armageddon is?

• paulnotsaul
    paulnotsaul

Along with what Refriedtruth was saying, before my eyes were opened, I couldn't understand with the big A just around the corner why were they building/buying all these KH/properties. As true christians shoudn't they have keep it simple. You know, meet in homes or gather in public places for free. Seems like alot of money spent on something thats not supposed to last. Hypocrites. peaceall paulnotsaul

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

"Jesus' words imply that even so-called normal things like food and clothing can become a burden or a stumbling block if not kept in their proper place."-WT 9/15/2011

Perhaps this is just a 'so-called' recreational facility...

• Diest
    Diest

They are moving all those poor guys out of the city....what else would you do at the Farm and in Patterson....the WTS slaves need a little fun in their lives.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

So Jesus didn't have a place to lay his head.............................

• Sulla
    Sulla

I wonder how they will manage the use of the pool by the married sisters. As I recall, back in the day, women couldn't use the weight room in Brooklyn without their husband being present. The pool would seem to provide a significant opportunity for a young man to make an impression on a sexually awakened young woman. Oh, yes, my friends, a significant impression!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit