you have become the thing you hated.

by TheJigsUp 75 Replies latest jw friends

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

i was reading a thread on here the other day, and it occured to me. the very thing i have claimed in the title.

reading you all bickering over a certain subject. i assumed that some of you are only here to genuinely to create arguments, and i saw that some are genuinely lost and some of you dont believe they are lost but they are.

i saw you judging your fellow posters as if you knew something, but truth be told none of us do. oh hang on... NONE of us do.

quantum physics is still theoretical...

evolution is also theoretical...

and truly creationism is nothing but theoretical.

but you all think you are holding on to truth.

you ALL quote from things that YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD.

and you all curse each other regarding THINGWS YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD.

these truly are not things any of you UNDERSTAND.

you are all a bunch of beginners quoring works of others that have made it their lives work to study these aspects.

and you argue about them as if you have studied them in your own obsessive nature.

but truth be told.. NONE OF YOU HAVE

its all supposition and theoretical.

yet you wish to impose in your own good nature what you PRESUME as truth upon anyone.

you know and understand very litle of the mathematics that make up our surroundings.

nor do you have... genuinely... the understanding of very simple things as we see them.. such as

the weather system.. which we can observe, in detail, yet cannot precict.

philosophy also, is an ultimately profound thing as is behavioural nature.

you have irritated me in reading your put downs upon each other

with regards to things none of us truly understand.

and yet you purport to hold authority over any of these viewpoints.

i was about to stop with tis forum the other day as i was pissed, for want of a better word

over the bully boy tactics of those who.. just as the cult types, employed over those who

have independent viewpoints.

to be blunt. you who have supposedly risen above the constraints of organised religion and mind control

and come to some form of understanding of the nature of our existence, are also trying to inflict

your beliefs on others with bullying tactics and nastiness.

you are worse than that which you came from.

you seem to be wanting to break down absolutely everything and leave nothing except your own viewpoint.

which in my mind makes you as bad if not MORE ADVANCED than the ones you came from.

the truth as i see it?

we know nothing.

science is about things that we have observed. as i is many branches of science.

i have no inclination to discredit that.

yet it would be ignorant for us to discredit things we have not observed, and our data collecting methods are limited.

to assume we know all based upon the data collected is ULTIMATE ignorance.

there are TOO many variables.

personally, my beliefs are complicated and confused.. BUT they are hopefully ultimately HONEST and hopefully UNBIASED.

i can not tell right now.

but neither can ANY of YOU.

so... yes, share thoughts and understandings. even beliefs.

but as soon as you all redicule and purport to KNOW... well.. truth be told..

YOU DO NOT.

neither do i.

and im sick of reading this shit.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'we know nothing.'

Sadly, so. We get very little real first hand direct experience of what we think we know. We get almost all of what we think we know from books, tv, other people, ad nausium. How can i experience directly what i 'know', to verify that it is really so?

S

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

an old saying comes to mind: the more I learn, the less I know

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

its horrible, the lack of definable truth, but its our reality.

yet we have to appreciate this, and its stupid of us to try to inflict any of our truths on any of us.

and now.. when i see this i think its just juvenile.

and im only young.

but we.. as a people HAVE to appreciate this.

or we continue to set the same traps we fall into to.

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

if we want to grow, we have to understand that we know NOTHING.

our arrogance is our destruction

and to learn we have to know that we know nothing

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Whatever.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think it's refreshing to admit that I don't know something.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You are absolutely correct.

Palm

• TheJigsUp
    TheJigsUp

three syllables... nice one sooner.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

What I find ironic is that you support the exchange of ideas as long as someone does it the way you think it should be done. You want freedom of speech but you want to put a limit on it. Freedom of speech is FREEDOM of SPEECH. No matter what the fuck the other person says about you that is FUCKEN FREEDOOM! This is what all your post is about! It's not about knowledge, it's about YOU having a problem with the way people express themselves. Look at it! It's all written all over it!

So if you could run things then you would make it against the law to talk down to someone on the internet?

And last but not least, have you heard of science labs in High School and College? They don't just read books, they do labs. Have you ever been to a museam?

"I do not agree with what you're saying, but I would die for you right to say it"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit