WARNING for active JW's

by Anony Mous 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

As you may have heard if you attended recently, social networking is of the devil and many have been 'lead astray' by website supposedly set up for JW. Whatever, you heard it before about rock, hard rock, hip hop, rap, gangsta rap, tv, werewolves ...

Anyway you may have heard of the recent Elder school where basically there were the proverbial tongue lashings about not having social networking sites. Here is the skinny on recent developments:

- Elders, servants and pioneers (anyone with a position of some sorts) are not ALLOWED to have SN pages. They will be removed if they have public pages. It has actually become one of the questions before you are accepted into any of these positions (besides: are you a child molester)

- The WTBTS has provided certain 'brothers' access to a commercial social networking tracking service. This might not be in your congregation but most definitely in your area or circuit, there have been instructions to scan private profiles for people with current positions and will probably be extended later. The tracking service (which aggregates data usually for use in targeted ads etc.) does not necessarily give access to full private profiles but does most of the times to pictures and lifestyle choices (religion, race, gender, sexuality). Games like FarmVille etc. frequently have access to full profiles. There have been already a slew of DF's and reproves of people (mostly pioneers and elders) that identify as homosexual, posted pics of 'worldly' parties, have 'immoral' relationships or affairs etc.

I cannot reveal my identity nor any written documentation on this since this is one of these 'secret' missions that not even all elders know about. Most likely you could ask your CO but he would bust you on how you got that information. As far as my knowledge goes in this misguided organization, one of the governing body members drives around an Infiniti GX35x and the WT has a department of full-time day traders (stock markets) at Bethel whom also frequently shuffle around money between branches in other countries and shell companies in order to trade in other markets and hide the flow against curious members, authorities and taxes.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

It's not hard to make your profile private or just use a different name.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

There's at least one CO I know with a Facebook page.

• Medina
    Medina

I know of a kid in a neighbour Congo, thats been visiting extreme Harcore/Hardstyle partys here in Holland, and then he sits there with a faul smile on his face in the Congo....

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Elders, servants and pioneers (anyone with a position of some sorts) are not ALLOWED to have SN pages. They will be removed if they have public pages. It has actually become one of the questions before you are accepted into any of these positions (besides: are you a child molester)

Yeah, right

- The WTBTS has provided certain 'brothers' access to a commercial social networking tracking service. This might not be in your congregation but most definitely in your area or circuit, there have been instructions to scan private profiles for people with current positions and will probably be extended later. The tracking service (which aggregates data usually for use in targeted ads etc.) does not necessarily give access to full private profiles but does most of the times to pictures and lifestyle choices (religion, race, gender, sexuality). Games like FarmVille etc. frequently have access to full profiles. There have been already a slew of DF's and reproves of people (mostly pioneers and elders) that identify as homosexual, posted pics of 'worldly' parties, have 'immoral' relationships or affairs etc.

Yeah, right again. What are you going to tell us next, that the WT is building a secret bunker in upstate NY, and your name is Johnny?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

- Elders, servants and pioneers (anyone with a position of some sorts) are not ALLOWED to have SN pages. They will be removed if they have public pages. It has actually become one of the questions before you are accepted into any of these positions (besides: are you a child molester)

Ok, I'll play along. When's this supposed to kick in. We just appointed a M.S., and we asked him the dreaded former pedophile question. So now we're to start asking if they have Face Book pages? Do you realize how unbelievable that sounds?

• Violia
    Violia

MLE, they really do ask if you have ever been a pedophile? Does that include rape? domestic violence?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I know a couple of elder's wives with facebook pages, and children of elders with facebook pages, any pronouncements on that?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ooops I should have read the thread before posting. It seems this information is lacking credibility.

• PublishingCult
    PublishingCult

I'm not sure I'd be too quick to dismiss Anony's information . . .

Many here refused to believe that GB members were autographing NWT's for Cuban politicians until the evidence was posted recently.

While I remain skeptical, I would like to see some evidence. A memo or something has to exist if this is true. Get that memo, Anony, then post it.

Until then, mind telling us from where do you get your information?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit