What world events would cause you to run back to the JW,s

by jam 76 Replies latest jw friends

• nugget
    nugget

closing down sale and only out of curiosity

• sabastious
    sabastious

If there was an event that would make me run back then why did I leave in the first place?

-Sab

• Lore
    Lore

Everyone on earth is cured of every disease, people come out of their comas and all sleeping people awaken and walk outside and stare at the sky.

Then a tear through space would have to open up in the sky all over the earth and a man riding a ghostly horse would have to ride out of it and announce to the entire world in every language at once: "Armageddon is only 1 year away, I have chosen Jehovah's Witnesses as my people. They are no longer going to be a crappy man-ruled organization, I'm going to make them the best religion ever, and then put them in paradise."

Although that might not be obvious enough, maybe something REALLY spectacular would have to happen. . . like for example: Somebody goes to war against someone else. . . That would be miraculous right?

• Quentin
    Quentin

That was just beautiful Quentin. I too can attest to the love found on the outside vs the love that ain't on the inside. No way in hell I would go back. There's no love there.

Thank you Mrs. Jones. Anewme summed it up very well. A cult of conflict with no love shown toward anyone. You cannot please, you get no thanks for what you do. As to love and compasssion for your fellow travlers you can find more of that in a Biker Bar than the wt.

DagothUr, now that was funny... and not far off the mark because it would take a startling phenominon to get peoples attention.....someday I will learn to spell.......yet there is nothing that would cause me to return to a dead, unloving group of jehovah's zombies. Goose stepping in circles bleating their brand of God's love. I'd die and go to hell frist. jehovah's birds can fullfill their blood lust on my dead body. Already been down that road with the wt, so I aien't a scared no more......

• simon17
    simon17

I think if the world eliminated all religions in the world aside from JW's, that would probably be an eye opener and make me question everything that I've found out...

• JRK
    JRK

Nothing!

JK

• jay88
    jay88

Anewme-I also had extreme witness relatives. Do you know what an extreme witness is? You may not. They are the ones who compete with everyone to be the best witness. They want to be first in line when called to the paradise. They study their watchtower in front of you. They keep their Awakes and Watchtowers on the coffee table like in the pictures in the Awake magazines. They are always saying "Praise Jah!" (even though they know you already do) They have their "family Bible Study" it seems everytime you want to do something with them. If wordly family members visit they leave them at the house and go to the meetings if they refuse to go to the meetings too, citing "what if Armageddon came during the next two hours? They pioneer as a family and have parts on the platform at the District Assembly and they are elders and elder wives......I was too but they made me feel like I was never good enough. Not slim enough (I must be a secret glutton) or not rich enough (Jehovah isnt blessing me) I dont know.

I was caught in nostalgia reading this.

I am grateful that you explained it so on-lookers can experience this!

I never has this many eureka moments until I started coming here.

I'm sooo grateful that this forum is here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit