I sued the local congregation

by chukky 594 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Just trying to keep it real brother elder. With all do respect I have enjoyed your other posts very much.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Just trying to keep it real

For the record, I kept it very real, by being very real with my view. Not sure what the elder thing has to do with anything though.......

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    In no way with the WTBS pay a penny out of their "general fund" for this.

Since the WTS practically demands that spare money in congregation accounts is sent to them then they will lose out because there will be less money in the congregation account to send.

• tec
    tec

It was a good thread that Giordano wrote, Misery; I hope you reconsider reading it. It kind of takes us back to what actually happened, rather than what we've all started to imply happened.

For the record, I also think that many in the States are sue-happy (but I'm Canadian, and that tends to be the general consensus about y'all, lol) But it isn't so much the suing that gives people like me that impression, but rather the seemingly excessive damages being sued for. At the same time, I can also see that if business or home-owners would step up and offer to compensate specific losses according to their direct negligence or legal responsibility, then people wouldn't have to sue to be fairly compensated.

In this instance - note that the elders did lie about how the accident must have happened. So they definitely did not step up, or even act in an honest manner.

Tammy

• Giordano
    Giordano

Thank you Tammy I spent considerable time on reconstructing the thread in hopes it would clarify the debate.

One question remains and perhaps an Elder or MS can help me out. Does the congregation purchase fire and liability insurrance for their Kingdom Hall? The reason I ask is that my insurrance on my home and on my retail business has fire, liability and medical if someone is injured on my property. For instance my home has $3,000 per event with a cap of $30,000. My car insurrance has a toal cap of $50,000.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

MLE: You feel sorry for wts who doesn't give a rat's ass about you and you feel sorry that maybe the congregation would pay extra in premiums? Remember these same people in the congregation will shun you and that's why you haven't DA yourself at this point? NO? How many years have you wasted in the cult with what accomplishments in life thanks to wts? This whole lawsuit wasn't about being fair but simply a payback to an evil cult and if anyone gets a cent out of wtss good for them. WTS gets all their money from their members and I doubt GB members stay in $50 motels when they travel and I doubt they eat at McDonalds because they are living off the donations of others. Neither did wts care if they were defending pedophiles using donated money while at the same time using donated money to pay off victims of child abuse. Life isn't fair so why should we try to make it fair for an evil cult???? Because the real people who will shun us deserve fairness while we deserve to be treated like shit?

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

MLE: You feel sorry for wts who doesn't give a rat's ass about you and you feel sorry that maybe the congregation would pay extra in premiums? Remember these same people in the congregation will shun you and that's why you haven't DA yourself at this point? NO? How many years have you wasted in the cult with what accomplishments in life thanks to wts? This whole lawsuit wasn't about being fair but simply a payback to an evil cult and if anyone gets a cent out of wtss good for them. WTS gets all their money from their members and I doubt GB members stay in $50 motels when they travel and I doubt they eat at McDonalds because they are living off the donations of others. Neither did wts care if they were defending pedophiles using donated money while at the same time using donated money to pay off victims of child abuse. Life isn't fair so why should we try to make it fair for an evil cult???? Because the real people who will shun us deserve fairness while we deserve to be treated like shit?

I hear all of that, and I understand where you're coming from, but two wrongs don't make a right bruh. There is a certain dignity in taking the high road at times. For those that see suing the congregation as appropriate from a legal standpoint, thats one thing. On the other hand, suing the congregation for some getback, well thats something entirely different. If Chukky felt he needed to get a little payback by suing the congregation, well good for him, but don't ask me and other posters on this thread, to agree with it. Now excuse me while I act like a little girl and take my marbles and run home crying because you don't agree with me!! I'm through this thread!!! I hope you're happy now!!!!

• bsmart
    bsmart

This has been a fascinating read for me, I left right after high school (mid 60's) No mikes or cords to those not on the stage.... The last time I was in a Hall was for a funeral. I do belong to a church these days and know they are pro-active about injury and carry insurance for such. Cost of "doing business" Laws require it.

If those in charge had shown concern and made an effort to keep things clear afterwards I doubt that any suit would have been considered. When I worked in a hospital we couldn't store wheelchairs at the end of a hall or outside a room. Fire code inspections are regular (at least annual) and we were all required to be aware of violations.

• villabolo
    villabolo

That being said......I NEVER considered suing the congregation, or the KH. Accidents happen and it's not their fault.

Why people are so litigious and sue happy, these days I don't understand. As long as there isn't any negligence or malice, I don't think it's right to sue. Someone getting hurt shouldn't create a windfall for them, or their parents.

For all who of those who criticized chukky my main emphasis is on the uncaring, self justifying attitude of the elders who claimed the child was running when she was incapable of doing so. Such a contemptous attitude, in itself, justifies chukky's actions.

It is pathetic to see Mein Fuhrer to say "Better things to do than argue over some people getting a paycheck over their kid's clumsiness and their own lack of supervision, especially when I didn't get a dime off of it."That puts him in the same category as those elders.

Villabolo

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Lets defend the JWs. Yeah they need us. Who cares about personal injury and liability. Besides the money of the WT is for the WT, and their CO paychecks and to brainwash more sheep and to build more KHs. Lets not use any legal resources to take something back, that would be innappropiate. Legally suing is bad even when they will shun you even if you just complain about their legal practices...

Is not like the girl died or anything. Is not that a lawsuit will help other kids from getting injured. I mean common, a liitle girl falling because some cables laying loose in the aisles, i mean cant she be more carefull..... you never know what you can find in the floors of the KH.

But chucky you must be related to the evil chukie movie. I dont want ever to invite you dinner or go to a lakers game with you. Heck I would never invite you to smell the barbeque in my house. Heck I will never ever talk to you on this board. You attacked my beloved WT. Evil Apostate...

Suing the WT for anything is bad bad bad. Posting it here too. I gotta go to my meeting now.

Common bring the judgement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit