Disfellowshiped ARE REQUIRED to sit in the library!

by brotherdan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I've seen it like Blondie describes.

Many DF'ed sit in the back, many leave during the song but it isn't a rule. Most congregations had people on time sitting in the back, then latecomers wanted the back, so a DF'ed person would have to arrive before the meeting started to get one of those seats.

I can imagine this scene to upset the elders:

A woman approaches another woman already sitting in the back row to say "Hello, how are you?"
    The woman sitting says quietly, "I am disfellowshipped."

The woman standing says "Hey, me too! Alright, this is awesome. What did you do?"

• tec
    tec

This whole df'ing thing is ridiculous. Even if - EVEN IF - df'ing was okay, forgiveness is supposed to be a given. None of this further shunning, shame, etc. That is completely, 100%, unbiblical and unChristian.

Tammy

• elderelite
    elderelite

OTWO, I'll take it from a scene you made up to real life... in my little congregation, council was given that even DF'd persons should not have association with each other.... oh yea thats a new level of control freak, but totally true story.

• Awen
    Awen

Last year I went back to the local KH with a friend of mine who had just recently been reinstated. We often had meals together (in direct violation of WTS doctrine). He was an elder before he was Dfed for adultery (his wife divorced him over it). Anyway, when I went back for the Memorial, I sat in the back row. When JW's asked me to move so their families could sit together, I informed them that I was DFed and that I was sitting where I was supposed to be and that the back rows where for my ilk and latecomers. /shoo JW's /Shoo...

Before the meeting began I saw an old friend who was DFed at the time and walked up to him and greeted him. He informed me he was DFed and I replied. "So am I". I then gave him a big hug and told him to hang in there and that all would be well in time. I remember tears welling up in his eyes. I guess it's because no one showed him any compassion and even though he was wheelchair bound, he was pushed into a far corner at the back of the hall and ignored. An elder came up to me and said I wasn't supposed to be talking to the DFed brother and I asked why. He said DFed persons weren't allowed to socialize. I asked him what he meant and he quoted the scripture in Corinithians about how DFed person are to be treated. I pointed out to him how that scripture is speaking to approved Christians and their dealings with unrepentent ones. Since the Brother and myself were DFed already, the scripture had no application on us, since also by WTS standards we were no longer brothers in the Organization. The elder had nothing to say.

So I stayed for the Memorial, partook (which got a few elders attention, especially the one who tried to reprove me) and when the meeting was over and I was waiting for my friend to finish socializing, I went back to the DFed brother and spoke with him again. Of course the same elder came back, said something to me about my partaking, that I was too young and was obviously wrong. I mentioned the May 2007 WT which stated no one had the right to questions someone's decision on this matter and that he needed to go look it up. I also reminded him that it wasn't his place to "correct" me for showing love and compassion to another human being. I couldn't resist pointing out to him how Jesus said that anyone who mistreated his "Brothers" were also mistreating Him and that the elder might consider this the next time he decided to behave presumptously by trying to correct someone and not even having his information straight.

I'm usually not this way and I don't talk about the 144k thing, but this guy needed to be put in his place and it felt like the right thing to do.

So afterwards I left the hall and felt really good about how well the meeting went.

Peace,

Awen

• tec
    tec

That was good, Awen. Well done, especially on the spot like that. It would be nice if he gave thought to anything you said also, but at least you showed compassion.

Tammy

• kimbo
    kimbo

no holding hands

no using your brain

all hail the governing body

• Satanus
    Satanus

How cool that she's coming out. Painful for her to realize its all a sham. Nice of you to share jesus w her. He;s a nice cushion for greiving, exiting jws to fall on, on their way to atheism.

S

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen
    Before the meeting began I saw an old friend who was DFed at the time and walked up to him and greeted him. He informed me he was DFed and I replied. "So am I". I then gave him a big hug and told him to hang in there and that all would be well in time. I remember tears welling up in his eyes. I guess it's because no one showed him any compassion and even though he was wheelchair bound, he was pushed into a far corner at the back of the hall and ignored. An elder came up to me and said I wasn't supposed to be talking to the DFed brother and I asked why. He said DFed persons weren't allowed to socialize. I asked him what he meant and he quoted the scripture in Corinithians about how DFed person are to be treated. I pointed out to him how that scripture is speaking to approved Christians and their dealings with unrepentent ones. Since the Brother and myself were DFed already, the scripture had no application on us, since also by WTS standards we were no longer brothers in the Organization. The elder had nothing to say.

I heard of the rule where disfellowshipped people wearn't supposed to talk to one another ( I always thought that was a recommendation ) . I always thought since your disfellowshipped you not under the Jehovah Witness Rule anymore . You showed more loved than that elder.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Awen is my new hero. Brother Dan, you are out.

• Awen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit