Disfellowshiped ARE REQUIRED to sit in the library!

by brotherdan 63 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

OTWO I think you might be on to something there!

If I were DF'ed and in the area (or wanted to pretend I was never a dub), I would be tempted to go to that Kingdom Hall and talk to your MIL after the meeting. What could they do?

That might be a neat idea for some subversive apostate collective action. We could go to a hall where no one knows us and where there is likely to be DFed people sitting at the back and talk to them after the meeting. That would put the noses of the elders out of joint and perhaps shame the other Witnesses who are shunning their former friends. Who knows it might start a trend and bring the whole shunning edifice tumbling down. Well one can dream anyway.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

she's said that she is extremely bothered by how they changed Matthew 28:19,20 so that people are dedicating themselves to "god's spirit directed organization" instead of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Very good point!

I rest my case thet the Governing Body are getting more Anti-Christ every day.

• carla
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

that'll having flooding back

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

That elder body is WAY out of line. She needs to write the Branch, and pronto. Something I've been meaning to do is share some notes regarding the treatment of disfellowshipped as relayed to us at the KM School for elders. The way the material was relayed to us, it left me under the impression that Bethel Heavies and Branch Heavies including COs/DOs, are getting feedback of inappropriate treatment of the disfellowshipped and even those recently reinstated. They probably recognize that disfellowshipping is questionable in itself, to the point that they don't need elder bodies going above and beyond in humiliating those being sanctioned.

• blondie
    blondie

It depends on the BOE. I had been a jw for over 40 years and in several congregations and never saw that happen. I even saw df'd children of jws sit with their parents (18 and over in age). The library/second school and the back seats were always quickly filled up by late people, parents with small children, the library was reserved for people with allergies. I have seen df'd people sit with their jw spouses as well, come together to the meeting in the same car. I would like to see something in writing, either a publication, a letter to the BOE, or in the elder's manual that requies this.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    After the meeting 2 elders came up to her and told her that this was NOT allowed. She needed to sit in the back room and either leave before the song and prayer, or walk out immediately after they were over.

I think they are going far beyond what is required by demanding this.

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Nice to hear of your MIL's progress brodan. It's always great to see someone start thinking. And in this case the elders who are supposed to be kind, loving shepherds are actually contributing in this sheep never returning to the flock.

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

This rule is totally man made, and this is what I don't like about Jehovah Witness Congregations . The fact that the way one congregation is ran in one part of the world , could be totally different in another part of the world. I thought they had rules to ''how to treat the disfellowshipped''?

• moshe
    moshe

Well then, don't volunteer for this abuse from the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit