Why I think Jesus spoke against Organized Religion

by sabastious 59 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious

Maybe his letters wern't meant to be turned in the a Constitution though.

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Dude, Paul was probaly the most vocal AGAINST organised religion.

Look at the first chapters of Galatians.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Paul made specific calls and judgments against specific acts and people.

Look at the case of the guy schalacking his fathers wife ( his own step mother), EWWW !

It wasn't really a judgment call at all even, what he was doing was wrong according to the biblical Law that the church was founded on and he otld them to make it clear to him, to try their best to convince him what he was doing was wrong but that IF he persisted in doing WHAT HE KNEW to be WRONG, that they would h ave to kick him out. You will note that is the ONLY time in ANY and ALL of his latters ( that we have) that Paul suggested such a thing.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I wasn't referring to Paul being an advocate of Organized Religion. I was talking about all his policies, his "do's and don'ts" paved the way for many rigid belief systems, no?

-Sab

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

That can be taken that way, but for every don't Paul had 100 passages of love so it all depends on what you are looking for it seems.

People looking for a way to control others will see the passages that Paul wrote dealing with a specific problem, liek the case in 1Corinthians Imentioend above, while others that read the NT with love and the HS see his passages of forgiveness, love, repentenace, see his passages where he states that he is nothing and was the formost of sinners and hoe Jesus showed compassion on even one like him.

It all depends on what is in your heart when you read the Bible.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Excellant thread.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I think the idea of not judging is probably best illustrated in what Jesus said about little children. They have no preconceived notions about what is good, bad, ugly, pretty, right, or wrong. They simply observe. It's exactly what the Dalai Lama teaches.

On the other hand, once a person has been "instructed" by teachers, parents and mentors about all these things, which may very well vary according to what part of the world they are in, they start judging everything according to preconceived notions.

An example might be, "Ahmadinejad said Israel should be blown off the map, so he is evil." Well, that's a judgment based on incomplete data. Did the person actually hear him say that, in their own language? Or was it a mistranslation foisted onto gullible Americans by a Zionist-controlled media and oil barons in the White House interested in turning Iran into an ashtray and stealing their oil?

Things like these can lead to World War III. This is how egos cause suffering.

~PS

• sabastious
    sabastious

Well said Sac. Your words inspire me to look more into Pauls writings.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    An example might be, "Ahmadinejad said Israel should be blown off the map, so he is evil."

To further your point, what if he DID say that, does that mean he is EVIL? Interesting discussion.

-Sab

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Why I think Jesus spoke against Organized Religion

Please cite a specific scriptural passage to demonstrate this.

And by the way, any passages you do cite were written by members of an organized religion, and preserved until the current day by members of an organized religion.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit