No Sex In the New System - It's Impossible

by mentallyfree31 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

I can't imagine a more pathetic existence.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

For one thing the 'New system" thinking is a fairy tale..manufactured as a carrot on a string (prize) to keep followers faithful..second, if god is so powerful, how come he can't perfect the resurrection system so people can still have sex when resurrected? Why would he "Punish" them by not letting them have sex? Wouldn't he have control over the "harmful resurrection rays" that would cause impotence? Surely the word will be to multiply and fill the earth once again..

Course that would only be if the "New System" wasn't just a fairy tale..

Snoozy

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I don't think most Witnesses go along with that understanding of no marriage for resurrected ones.

EmptyInside - Have you ever seen it in print that the resurrected ones will not marry? I always thought that was the case but could found no references to support the idea.

As shown above the WTS appears to say (said) that there will be marriage and childbirth in the New World.

Hence there will be SEX, however the "Shepherd the Flock" (post apocolyptic issue) will no doubt be very specific and detailed on HOW and WHEN such nookie will be allowed to take place!

George

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

"The deceased one has no strings attached to him, for the deceased one cannot give the surviving one the marriage dues during the interim between now and the resurrection of the dead. God makes no exceptions with regard to this law that dissolves marriage by the death of one of the marriage mates. He would be doing so if he allowed for former marriage mates to be reunited as man and wife by means of the resurrection and to take part with Armageddon survivors in fulfilling the procreation mandate."

If single people can marry, why not those who have lost their mate in death? I have a friend who lost her husband, and she is waiting for him. If they got remarried, how would that be violating the law that dissolves marriage by death? It was dissolved, now it's not. Problem solved.

I've always believed the "no marriage" mandate was talking about spiritual beings - just read the context. DUH.

• mouthy
    mouthy

To answer your Question Darth!!!!!NO!!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

That explains why sex in existing JW marriages ranges from mediocre to nonexistent. They're preparing for the future.

W

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Hi King of George, to answer your question. Yes it is in print. I just looked it up.

I found a question from readers talk about Luke 20:35. And the article is in the 87 Watchtower,page 31, June 1,1987. And I'm sure that isn't the only one. I remember the Circuit Overseer talked about it too.

I haven't seen a recent article make reference to it though.

• St George of England
    St George of England

EmptyInside - Thank you for that reference, it is as I had always understood until I came across the earlier references above.

*** w87 6/1 p.31 Questions From Readers***

So if a Christian finds it hard to accept the conclusion that resurrected ones will not marry, he can be sure that God and Christ are understanding. And he can simply wait to see what occurs.

George

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So in reading Luke 20:35 it goes on to say in the next paragraph that the resurrected will not die again...I thought many were being resurrected to judgement?

Many that died before the so called armageddon died without being judged, they would be so in the 1000 year reign.. yet..how come it says they will NOT die again? Hum...

There will be a lot of angels floating around if they are supposed to be like the angels as the bible says..

It's all just a bunch of bull..how can anyone believe this stuff is beyond me!

Snoozy..who calls it like it is!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Well said Snoozy.

:-)

George of England: Maybe I should have been referring to the scripture itself that says those in the resurrection will not be married or given in marriage. I know I've heard it discussed many times at meetings, but I don't have the reference to anything specific. I never really believed any of it on this topic. It all sounded a little to far-fetched to me. Well, I guess I believed it, but the things that didn't make sense I kinda pushed aside and tried not to think about.

Thanks for the comments everybody!

-MF31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit