DMCA Complaint from The WatchTower for links to KS-10 'Shepherding' book

by Simon 217 Replies latest forum announcements

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

It sucks but it would suck even more to lose this site. Wikiliks would be a better place for the book.

Bangalore

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

... who says I keep records?

my bad Yes I guess I was wrong.

<hangs head in shame>

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Bangalore,

I just seen on the news this moring where wikileaks is posting even more secret info concerning the U.S. military

What make the WT think they can keep their little sham of a book secret If the Govn't can't. Wikileaks is gonna

be the WT"s worst enemy.

• booby
    booby

This thread has it all = and now humour as well. What would influence someone, whether bethel mole or simply watchtower apologist to come on this board and make claims and statements that are simply silly. For example "since these Bible translations and publications were produced by Jehovah's Witnesses primarily for use by Jehovah's Witnesses anyway in connection with their beliefs and their evangelization work, although they are currently still being made available to the public by Jehovah's Witnesses (but probably not for too many more years)." The sole purpose of these publications is to promote their "truth". If not produced for direct dissemination to the public they are then for the further edification of members for the purpose of helping to either strengthen their belief they have the truth and must therefore continue preaching it or to teach them to be more effective in preaching it. And to say that these publications that are at least partly for evangelization work will probably not be available to the public soon raises interesting questions. Is the writer suggesting the evangelizing work is turning inward towards children of those in already. Is the writer suggesting a Jones Town type of religion soon.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

I'm curious, what happened when the first elder's manual was leaked (or when the 'Richie Rich' version w/notes was leaked)? Were DMCA notices sent to this (and other sites)? Did the WTBTS ever shutdown any sites over the posting of the original manual and were any individuals tracked down just for downloading or were they content with the results of any take down notices? I'm curious how their reaction this time compares to when those were released.

IMHO, whatever the case, downloading the entire book now (or any part of it for that matter) wouldn't seem to be worth it knowing how strongly they are reacting to its' posting and if one has only happened to have downloaded a couple of the chapters, it wouldn't be worth downloading anymore of the book as it certainly wouldn't seem to be worth their time or money to track down/pursue someone/everyone who only downloaded a couple of chapters; although in both cases I'm not sure what there would be to gain in going after the downloading of this book (or any of its' parts) especially given that it could possibly generate unwanted publicity around the matter; hopefully they will be content with just the results of the take down notices which is sending the clear signal that they do not want anyone to have/see the manual except those they intend. On the other hand, from most other copyright cases I've read about, I think it has 'typically' been the 'distribution' of said works that copyright owners tend to be most concerned with and is the grounds upon which cases are pursued. I think that in the cases involving RIAA and other music downloading, it was the use of P2P software that immediately turned one downloading music into an immediate or potential 'distributor' because of the way most of the those P2P programs work. However, and again, with regards to this new book, I wonder how much publicity they would want to generate by going after any particular individuals; - sites, perhaps just to get the material off, but individual people, I wonder.

Hopefully this whole thing will pass without ill consequences coming to anyone or this site.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just email a copy to every press agency you can think of - highlighting the direction for cases of child abuse - ie no instruction to tell the authorities and that it is simply "brazen" conduct.

Sorry if my post was offensive Lee, it wasn't my intention.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Your post? You made a post? hmmm guess I wasn't offended if I can't remember

Maybe I should go back to the "Old People Ask" thread <mutter mutter mutter what the bleep was I doing?>

• fokyc
    fokyc

Lady Lee; I know the feeling!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Can't Leave, you BRAZEN hussy!!! (wink, wink!!)

• Miah
    Miah

They can whine all they want, it's hit the torrent sites now, they'll never get it back! If the MPAA and RIAA can't stop torrents, neither will these idiots.

Just go to your favorite torrent site and search for "shepherd the flock", and be sure to seed.

And this site nor any other can get in trouble for reporting that news, it's our first ammendment right. So relax JWN, know your rights.

And to the WTBTS, Kiss my ass!

This message brought to you by www.TheBroadroad.com , where we fear not the oppressor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit