DMCA Complaint from The WatchTower for links to KS-10 'Shepherding' book

by Simon 217 Replies latest forum announcements

• dust
    dust

WTWizard and Gayle,

I think you said the same thing as I did, except you used different words. :)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Jehovah's Witnesses/Governing Body... Well, I mean the GB, hides behind the legal framework of the United States in particular, and the laws of other nations which they inhabit, to exist and practice their fruity, and sometimes dangerous little cult.

Legally the GB controls how their content is distributed and who can do it. An exception would be if you received a reply from them (such as the letters of Carl Johnson or Ray Franz during the 1970's.) Those would be in your posession. My Gilead diploma is my possession, as it the few letters I have from them.

The GB is run by the legal dept. Not a big secret. As such, they usually are dead on in going after those that illegally distribute their material over the internet.

Is this hypocritical and fly in the face of their own claims against other religions? Of course. And folks, don't sweat it. JW's are experiencing significant diminishing returns for their troubles and efforts.

It isn't necesarry to publish their elders manual online to prevent people from going to them. These days, only people who are pre-disposed to join a cult, who are in a bad spot in their life, or born in's, are the ones who are going to inhabit a Kingdom Hall weekly.

It's sort of like watching Christine O'Donnel say "I am you." When you know she is bat sh*t crazy. The GB does it to themselves. Only a select few people who you really can't talk sense to anyway are going to join in the future. These are damaged people looking to join other damaged people in a cult. Thats how it works.

So don't get upset about copyright laws. Big deal. The more they talk, the more they do, the more they hurt themselves. They have been their own biggest enemy, and that will continue. You and I have a pretty good seat, being we used to be JW's, to watch and understand what is going on. Enjoy the show, and get some popcorn.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Hi AT Jeff

Do the Gilead grads have a special manual or handbook like the Elder's have? Or is just the regular publications?

Bangalore

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    Do the Gilead grads have a special manual or handbook like the Elder's have? Or is just the regular publications?

No manual is given at Gilead. You get a syllabus of sorts and a huge 3 ring binder filled with 5 months of courses and study materials to help you prepare. Interestingly, there is a shredding party toward the end of each Gilead class, because they don't want that getting out. If I had my head right, I would have scanned every damn page. Not that there was anything esp sexy or exciting about the Gilead cirriculum, its just that it shows how weird and out of touch, how little they really care, that is revealed.

There is a manual that is given out for missionary's. I have a scanned copy of that, but, I won't post it due to copyright laws. I have occasionally quoted from it here, but again, its just a little booklet full of nonsense. Nothing damning in it other then the sheer idiodicy of it. Normal people would look at a person who took the contents of that booklet as crazy people. And they would be right.....

• VM44
    VM44

Hi AllTimeJeff,

I have always been interested in knowing what the syllabus that was studied at Gilead school.

You wrote:

No manual is given at Gilead. You get a syllabus of sorts and a huge 3 ring binder filled with 5 months of courses and study materials to help you prepare. Interestingly, there is a shredding party toward the end of each Gilead class, because they don't want that getting out.

I do not know of any school that wants to keep the material secret and shreds the course materials at the end of the course of study.

Why the secrecy?

Some universities, such as MIT, make entire courses "Open courseware" and place all the materials online for people to download.

It seems strange that The Watchtower, which claims it is interested in Worldwide Bible Education, would want to keep secret that what is studied by the Gilead students.

Again, why the secrecy?

VM44

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

CONTROL man CONTROL

They have it

They want to keep it

• booby
    booby

AllTimeJeff = you show how long ago you were at Gilead school. There is no longer a "shredding party". The brudders now use material that self destructs at the end of each class. It doesn't even have a special time limiting feature built in because it is actually holy spirit that activates the destructive feature at just the right time. One recent class actually had an overlapping destruction because something went wrong with the time calculation.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Again, why the secrecy?

The secrecy regarding the elders book is to ensure that rank and file members can never understand the rules of engagement if they ever find themselves before a JW kangaroo court. It's much more satisfying to beat someone down when they can't defend themselves. They guys who wrote the book probably cheat when playing solitaire.

W

• booby
    booby

Also Alltime, I was wondering do spirits emanate from glass bottles at the end of the course like when I went to Canadian bethel for the two week elder school.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

VM44

The reason for the shredding party has nothing to do with anything super salicious in the material. It has everything to do with the paranoia of the leadership. It's about control. It's about obedience.

All of it demonstrates why JW's are a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit