I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• debator
    debator

Brotherdan

She is your wife and you are her husband! do not make your marriage a battle-ground or a place of manipulation!

Atm she is suffering from great feelings of loss and betrayal because that is how she will see your leaving the witnesses. It is like the person you married isn't real anymore and you struggle to see them through this life-changing choice they have put on the family. To her you have rejected jehovah and chosen death over life and now she has to carry the responsibility for the whole family on her shoulders.

If you cannot be a witness at least support her right to be one as a free-thinking human being. I recommend you and your wife come to an amicable agreement over the children you both have, the current or future ones. Your words indicate you were already leaving the majority of family spirituality upto your wife from your own choice.

Try to understand things from your wifes viewpoint is my advice. And avoid posting loads of personal info on these forums if your wife found out you discussed her with strangers she would feel even more betrayal.

• nelly136
    nelly136

if your wife is going out with worldy friends and getting drunk then it may be a sign that shes not getting as much support from the jw side as she would have liked. which as an adult she is old enough to choose to do.

it is not good that she then loads your kids into a car the morning after the night before.

i know everyone says be patient but theres gotta to be a line somewhere.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Oh debator... I only wish I had even half a kind word for you, BUT you are so full of shit I don't even know where to begin to wade through it. We're his friends, the peeps in his congo aren't. Of course he'll talk to us instead of the pharisaical likes of you! GTFO!

V665

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hang in there...

It's a real bummer and you gave me deja vu.

After i moved out to 'sort myself out' the ex would drop of the kids and go out with worldly people too, and come back drunk at midnight.

On another note, what is likely happing with her is that aside from pulling away from the religion, you may well have altered everything she ever relied on. You have destroyed the fairytale and she is unable to accept reality. Everything she took for granted in her little world is now gone and she is angry and hurt. My ex chose to deal with her hurt by making mine greater... using the kids etc etc. It also shows that as much as you love her and her you, her love is conditional on your religion, yours is not. Mine told me that she would 'take me back' so long as i came to all the meetings again. (and for those wondering...no adultery involved)

My thoughts would be to show her the latest material you can find on how a christian wife should behave toward an unbeliving spouse. Try to keep from anything 'apostate - like' if you can.

Most of all, keep reaching out to those here. When i went through my hell i did it all alone with no witness help and no outside friends.

oz

Edit:

If you cannot be a witness at least support her right to be one as a free-thinking human being. I recommend you and your wife come to an amicable agreement over the children you both have, the current or future ones. Quote from debator

Yes, all well and good, BUT will she support HIS right to NOT be one? I dont think so! Will the 'brothers'? I dont think so!.. NO, i KNOW so.

Yes, do get an agreement NOW in WRITING because, trust me, do not believe words.

Clearly Debator has not been in this situation either... or he/she would know that the one that will make the marriage a battle ground is the witness one.

Clearly also, debator has overlooked the start of this thread where brotherdan says that he IS supporting her right to be a JW.

oh...i forgot...the watchtower says the breakups are not the witness's fault...

(sorry Brotherdan, got indignant there...)

oz

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Debator you are neither use nor goldfish.

Loz x

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Great advice Zoiks and Yknot. I have additonal advice given but hoping all for the best. Hang in there.

• Quando
    Quando

I can relate to your thread, married, kids, WT lies, anger, etc.

I read yknot's comments and I have to agree with her/him (sorry yknot I am not on here enough to figure that your gender)

For me and my husband, he was never the spiritual head (according to WT rules) but I could not ask for a better husband and father. When I slowly dripped the information to him exposing the WT he did nothing, he could care less one way or the other.

This made me SO ANGRY! I was angry at the simple fact that he had this built in switch to turn on and off the WT bullsh$t and I didn't!!!

It took me about a year of anger to figure this all out but once it came into my level of awareness I created my own "switch"

Take the good leave the bad, if you take away the fear, guilt and shame your left with your little 5 yr old leaning next to you during the meeting asking how many pages is your bible? Mine has XXXX. or "Help me find the scripture"this is the good stuff. The bad stuff is actually repeating the crap about not going to college, or this is bad, that is bad, those people are bad because they are not witnesses. My husbands spiritual role is completely fulfilled simply driving us to the meetings....that's it!

When your kids get in school and make friends and they come over for a sleepover, you can see the difference in manners and speech with some of them. I do let worldly kids stay over and some you can't tell the difference from witness kids but there are some that will NEVER come back.

When your kids are ready to graduate high school, if your in the good graces your child will rake in the presents and money from the cong. party.

My point is get yourself to a level where you can mend the relationships with the most precious people in your life, Shut out all the NOISE and go inside yourself and meditate on what you want your family to look like 5 , 10, 15, 20 years from now. Hold those visions daily and don't worry about how you will get there remember WHY you want to get there.

Remember that ignorance is bliss and when you go to the hall it is just a bunch ignorant people, the real truth is NOT in their level of awareness YET, this is what you have to deal with.

I make it a game and throw simple comments right back people to catch them off guard to "Think" What I say would never be construed as an apostate comment, I am usually making a comment of something said at an assembly.

Just last week a die hard friend said her son was really sick maybe mono (he got a full scholarship to college but MUST reg. pioneer so the parents can keep status quo) and I said to her "A light bulb just went off, this is why they did the demonstration at the CA about higher education and it being Satan's snare" My comment gave her a puzzled look, like what does that have to do with mono, it will get her thinking that the full time school and full time pony dance put too much stress on him and his immune system weakened.

I have rattled on to much but peace for you is waiting.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Brotherdan, check your pm.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wow, -bator, you actually gave a very good piece of advice there. I am astonished.

• designs
    designs

Hang in there brotherdan, keep the lines of communication open and affectionate as you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit