• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I have just thought of 9 & 10

9) Shunning

10) Stupid rules with no biblical basis

• designs
    designs

Debator,

Your #2. needs addressing. The Watchtower Society has made major changes to its central doctrines.

Do you know which ones they are.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Designs, which org are we up to now? LOL

• designs
    designs

Isaac, I need to add a new page to my clipboard

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Gotcha. LOL

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Here are a few that resonate with me (note that these are from a Christian/Bible perspective; of course, to the extent the Bible is a book of fiction, then that should be enough to discredit all so-called Christian religions, including the WTS):

#1 - False Prophecy. In the Bible, Jesus predicted false prophets during the last days. The WTS has predicted "The End" numerous times (1914, 1918, 1925, "within a generation of 1914"). And each time has been a complete and utter failure. Of course, just like a kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar, the WTS makes excuses, even torturing the meaning of the word "prophet" beyond recognition. When the WTS does this, it reminds me of former U.S. President Bill Clinton who famously testified that "it depends on what the definition of the word 'is' is."

#2 - Going beyond what is written. In the Bible, Paul commands not to go beyond what is written. The WTS does this all the time. For example, it has invented rules about sexual practices between marriage mates, banned organ transplants, and forbidden the celebration of the anniversary of one's birth. None of these things are touched on in the Bible, but the WTS has taken it upon itself to invent rules (much like the Catholic church and other denominations of Christendom).

#3 - Slandering God. The WTS teaches that "imminently" God will kill every man, woman, and child that does not have the "mark for survival" described in Ezekiel 9. According to the WTS, the "mark" includes being baptized as a Witness. Thus, the WTS teaches that God will "imminently" destroy billions of people--many of whom have never even read a Bible, much less a WT. The scriptural backing for this doctrine is tenuous at best.

• debator
    debator

Hi Designs

Major changes? recent years speak only of refinements on biblical prophecy understanding aka "generation". So you will have to be more explicit?

Hi olin

1/ yes Jesus did predict false prophets and using bible Chronology was not what makes then false prophets but...

Matthew 24:24
    For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

You can't just take the words "false prophet" and fill in your own opinion of what makes them a false prophet! Jesus said they would apparently perform "signs and miracles" that deceive. Witnesses do not fill this requirement. Jesus's words simply don't back your claim.

2/ Jesus gave the shepherds a certain autonomy of shepherding which allows them to apply Bible principle to situations that haven't happened yet.

Matthew 16:19
    I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

The apostles openly used this to make decisions on gentiles and circumcism. This does not end until Jesus comes in his power. but all shepherds are held accountable for their shepherding.

Matthew 24:44-46 (New International Version)

44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

45 "Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46 It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.

Hebrews 13:17
    Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no advantage to you.

3/ Three is simply a weird charge "slandering God" by saying he will bring destruction on unrighteous mankind? You are familiar with the flood story when God destroyed all people, families besides Noah and his family? Jesus admits himself that it will be a noah's flood type of event.

Matthew 24:37-39 (New International Version)

37 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

In No particular order:

1) The Annointed "class", funny since Paul says all the believe and say that Jesus is Lord sat this by the HS and are sealed by the HS, so ALL that do this are annointed.

2) Blood transfusions, not only a perverison of a Hebrew dietary restriction, but a slap to Jesus that said, "God requires mercy not sacrifice".

3) Going beyond what is taught in the bibel and making up man made doctrines.

4) The Lord's supper being only for some and not all, a chalenge to the very words of Jesus in John that says that only those that "eat of the flesh and drink of the blood will have eternal life".

5) Saying that Judas did not partkae of the last supper when the NT says he does.

6) Setting up a mediator between Man and Jesus when the bible says there is NONE.

7) Proclaiming a direct apostolic sucession from the apostles with no proof whatsoever.

8) saying that no one can understand the bible with out their help when they were founded by someone that did just that.

9) claiming that Jesus returned invisibly when ACTS shows that when he returns that will not be the case.

10) Being witnesses for "Jehovah" when in Acts Jesus says that his followers will be witnesses to HIM.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just a couple were enough to make me realise that we they did not have "the truth" after all.

1] The years rolled by. Years became decades. The twenty-first century was here and STILL the New World showed no sign of arriving. My B/S monitor started to come on. If a plumber says he will come to your job "soon" but weeks, months , years go by....do you keep waiting or conclude that he is worthless?

2] I could no longer swallow the teaching that outsiders were all deserving of slaughter, just because they were outsiders. I KNEW that there were decent ordinary folk out there, and to claim that our god was wanting to kill them all was just plainly an insult to God..

Many other reasons to disbelieve came when I researched further and found out the reality of things...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hi Isaac
    btw my name is debator!
    Dismissing Scriptures is not a good rebuttal.

Reniaa/Debator..

Everyone knows who you are Reniaa/Debator..

A WBT$ Cheerleader..

........................ ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit