Top 10 reasons why JWs don't have the truth - please contribute

by oldlightnewshite 172 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

NLOS - these are the top ten things that started my husband and I's alarm bells ringing that maybe JWs don't have the truth. I must say though that at first these alarm bells were just little dings every now and then, but they started getting louder and louder and ringing more often during the last few years we were in, until they were deafening and we had no choice but to take notice of them. Now we have been out for nearly 5 years after 40+ years in.

1. Hypocrisy and double standards of the elders and prominent ones (this sickened my husband while he was an elder)

2. Nepotism and favouritism

3. Lack of genuine love in the congregation

4. Wondering how the holy spirit could have appointed men to positions while they were secretly doing wrong

5. The way GB members and visiting bethelites were almost worshipped and the 'brown nosing' by the R & F towards such ones

6. Seeing how unkind and unchristian those with prominent positions could be (such as my bethelite BIL and SIL)

7. The covering up of pedophillia (witnessed this first hand in our area)

8. Wondering why so many JWs are depressed and on medication for it when we were told we were the happiest people on earth - not

9. The evil shunning policy even of close family members (something I am now a victim of)

10. Learning about the real history of the organisation and all the lies and deceit carried out by the leaders of the WTS

Hopscotch

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

Lets not forget bible tampering, read the Kingdom Of Cults.

• debator
    debator

hi designs,

Wobbles issues are easy.

1. You have to claim falsely to be inspired of God to qualify be a false prophet, we have never claimed to be inspired. This is an easily refutable one.

2. Spirit direction caused many doctrinal changes in the first century. This is a this is just simply wobble not knowing how things work in Christian structure under refinement.

And changes we have now have never been on the main Bible doctrines which have always remained clear to those who were willing to see them but on difficult areas like prophecy fulfillment and cultural issues not covered by the bible specifically but can have applied biblical principle used on them. Would you say it's wrong to get drunk but then say it's okay to getting high on drugs simply because the bible doesn't mention drugs?

3. They do, but it is about us all being responsible as individuals for those around us. We are all Jehovah's People not just ours shepherds whether earthly or heavenly hope. Easy to pass the buck to a big charity machine.

4. Yes we do! You are simply mixing up using words with the act of baptism itself. If it was in the wording why in acts do they say "in Jesus's name" only for the baptisms? It's understanding that all three are represented by the act of someone getting baptised rather than just saying a set of repetitive words. If you do something "in the name" of something you are doing the act itself by it, it is not the wording.

5/ huh! tamper with the wording of the Bible? We have put real original wording back. Revelation is noted for using the shortenned form of Jehovah aka "jah" anyway. This all boils down to people who like to follow a selected part of the greek scriptures not recognising the whole bible in it's entirety. Jehovah is already in the bible nearly 7000 and keeping that purity of truth when others obscured it with a title is to our credit.

6/ I delt with NGO department of information with one simple scripture where Paul uses his Roman citizenship. There is no wrongdoing here.

7/ Paedophiles are a terrible but World-wide problem. To expect religions full of imperfect people to be free of them is unrealistic.

8/ We do not shun family members, we are allowed to have contact under family business as required biblically. Also the bible is very clear that we must keep away/do not associate as a congregational requirement. I can think of four scriptures off-hand that say it.

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

Is paul lying here?

9/ Since the faithful servant/slave is directly referencing Jesus's own words concerning those that look after the flock in this time. I'm failing to see why you can say it is a false doctrine. Do you just delete that part of the bible?

10/ 1914 is based on Already written bible Chronology and prophecy. We are allowed to use the already written chronology and prophecy this way and indeed the jews set the precedent by using it for the messiah. Their understanding wasn't perfect and Jesus corrected a lot of it and they certainly weren't condemned for using it.

11/ Any changes are usually an update to current understandings. They do not hide original mags. Our literature is widely distributed for anyone to see. We freely admit to a constantly refining as per biblical requirement. If witnesses weren't refinable I wouldn't be one.

You are just giving him a list of loaded questions, were the wrongdoing is assumed and closer examination shows there is no wrongdoing in the first place.

There is no wrongdoing with dealing with authorities, there is no wrongdoing with being refined from mistakes that may creep in, there is no wrongdoing in recognising authority given by Jesus to his shepherds on earth atm, there is no wrongdoing in using bible chronology and prophecy, There is no wrongdoing with having confidence in your faith, there is no wrongdoing with having evil men infiltrate the congregation the bible warns that this will happen.

Imperfection is not a wrongdoing but a fact of life.

Looking at other lists the overiding theme is people stumbling at the imperfection of men which is sad.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Psalm 86:11
    Teach me your way, o Jehovah, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

1 John 3:19
    This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence

2 John 1:1
    The elder, To the chosen lady and her children, whom I love in the truth—and not I only, but also all who know the truth -

2 John 1:4
    It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us.

"in the truth" is a Christian catchphrase from the bible. I'm surprised you do not know that our usage of it is just reflecting the early Christians usage of it. Jehovah's truth is why I am a Jehovah's witness.

My reply: A slew of verses saying 'the truth'...and then an arbitrary application to the JWs is meaningless Reniaa. By the way, aren't you Dfed anyway? So, you are not a JW.

Reniaa further babbled:

Hi LWT

People cannot find full knowledge and faith alone. If they could Jesus, the bible, the apostles and all the instructions to be congregations under overseers, having shepherds learning together, supporting each other etc are meaningless.

It marks the difference between those that appeal to mystery and say vaguely "There's a God out there somewhere, maybe" and those that truly know their God by name and call upon him with knowledge and insight.

Joel 2:32
    And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved;

Psalm 74:18
    Remember how the enemy has mocked you, O Jehovah, how foolish people have reviled your name.

Isaiah 52:6
    Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I."

Revelation 3:12
    Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

My reply: Again, a slew of scriptures where God says he will have people, arbotrarily applied by you to the JWs. Reniaa, you false prophet you! LOL

• debator
    debator

Hi Isaac

btw my name is debator!

Dismissing Scriptures is not a good rebuttal.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Debator, you previously posted here as Reniaa.

Dismissing scripute is not good...neither is misapplying it...of even worse- false prophecying with it!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Oh, and you have misapplied it in this case...you left me nothing to rebut.

Ok, enough feeding the pigs for now.

• wobble
    wobble

OOOOHH DEBATOR !

Your answers are so revealing I need not bother replying. needless to say I am not rushing off back to the Borg !

Anybody reading on here who cannot see what is wrong with any part of Debators reply please P.M me if you like, or better still, post on here what you agree/ cannot see the fallacy or falsehood with, saves us dealing with all his/her rubbish.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wobble, some things never change..>Reniaa is on of them...check your pm wobble

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I left over 10 years ago, before a lot of the scandals hit the fan.

So this is mine

1) Genocide/ Armageddon

2) Blood Transfusion

3) Mindcontrol, not allowing personal research

4)Lack of Charity

5) Twisting the scriptures ( the Revelation study book in particular)

6) false Prophecy

7) Never acknowledging mistakes

8) Hypocrates (my Dad was constantly being councelled for being too materialistic, yet the elders had no problem taking interest free loans and not paying him back.)

Im sure there is more, but these are the main points

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit