CT Russell Funeral Picture

by Bangalore 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I didn't realize the world was so blurry back then.

Film speeds were unbelievably low in those days.

George

• Podobear
    Podobear

Chalam: I think your understanding of what JW's actually believe and are taught on this matter is somewhat distorted.

Glad you agree with the Gospel of two destinies in the Resurrection though, as Paul points out. Hence the comments of other posters concerning the soul that "sleeps". Not all will serve along side Christ in heaven. Hallelujah!

Blessings.

Podo

• Chalam
    Chalam

I think your understanding of what JW's actually believe and are taught on this matter is somewhat distorted.

I dunno if JWs know what they believe? Every time I ask a JW questions they usually end up "I need to do some research" which means opening the WT CD and seeing what the current light is.

Glad you agree with the Gospel of two destinies in the Resurrection though, as Paul points out. Hence the comments of other posters concerning the soul that "sleeps". Not all will serve along side Christ in heaven. Hallelujah!

Agreed, with Christ or without Him Revelation 21 or Revelation 20

Daniel 12:2 (New International Version)

2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Acts 24:15 (New International Version)

15 and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Revelation 20:6 (New International Version)

6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Mary
    Mary
    So where do the WT deem the spirits of the "non anointed" go to after death?

I asked my JW sister the exact same question. Basically, here is the (bizarre) theory that JW's like to put forward:

1. Only 144,000 get to go to heaven. They do not have a spirit in them that survives physical death, but rather, Jehovah somehow "changes" them into a spirit creature---something that according to JWism, is not connected to the physical body that had while alive on earth. But how this new spirit creature can retain the memories and personality they had as a human being is somewhat of a mystery if there was no connection to the physical body.

2. The rest of mankind's "spirit returns to the true God who gave it" is only referring to their 'life-force' returning to God---not a 'spiritual being' like the 144,000.

Of course, this begs the question as to how they can differentiate between Jehovah, Jesus, Seraphims, Cheribum, angels and demons all being spirit creatures with full consciousness and ability to create, destroy, communicate with each other telepathically, fortell the future and a host of other fantastic abilities, while the "spirit" that resides in each human is nothing more than an electric spark.

That's really the only way they can get around the subject and retain their idea that 99.99% of humans will be resurrected to live on a paradise earth.

• designs
    designs

Stephen- be sure and include ALL of the Scriptures, don't leave any out, Gawd forbide you should have someone go to your Gawd's Hell for lack of being preached to.

Superstition is live and well in the 21st century

• snowbird
    snowbird

Revelation 2:26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations—
    27 'He will rule them with an iron scepter;
    he will dash them to pieces like pottery just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give him the morning star. NIV

Designs, I have to say this to you.

You'd better hope Chalam/Stephen will have mercy on you when he begins to wield his iron scepter, because God knows you've had none on him.

Syl

• designs
    designs

I know, I think the Fundi's fancy being demi-gods themselves one day.

'Here Gawd, let me shovel some more coal on Mr. designs'

• snowbird
    snowbird

Seriously, you need to lighten up on him.

He's a person first, a Fundie or whatever next.

How would you like having someone hound you like that?

I thought so.

Syl

• designs
    designs

Fundies are Fundies first, they place it before their humanity, look at the posts of Stephen and Perry, literalism comes before logic. That's dangerous, we learned the lesson of religious fanaticism as Witnesses and now we warn others not to join groups like the Witnesses and Fundies. Consider it a public service and a hell of a lot fun

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Fundies are Fundies first, they place it before their humanity, look at the posts of Stephen and Perry, literalism comes before logic.

Perry? Maybe.

Stephen? Definitely not.

Consider it a public service and a hell of a lot fun

I consider it harassment, and as a former victim of harassment, believe me, it's no fun.

Though we disagree on some articles of faith, Stephen is my friend and fellow Christian.

Please leave him in peace.

Thanks.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit