CT Russell Funeral Picture

by Bangalore 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chalam
    Chalam

Bangalore I think it is saying that Russell is still managing the work from heaven.

Pastor Russell is dead and his body in the grave. Is Russell managing his work from heaven consciously or unconsciously?

snowbird The WT teaches that the "non-anointed" dead person's spirit returns to God in the sense that the dead's person's "future prospect" for life rests with Jehovah God.

Indeed, JWs have quoted me this verse.

Ecclesiastes 12:7 (English Standard Version)

7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust" and the spirit to be with God. Where is His abode then?!

So what other verses to they use to 'support' their destiny for the spirits of the dead "non-anointed"?

Blessings,

Stephen

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How could Russell have gone home if the resurrection of the anointed didn't begin until 1918?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What is the provenance of the photo?

• Chalam
    Chalam

How could Russell have gone home if the resurrection of the anointed didn't begin until 1918?

Maybe "GONE HOME" is old light and "GONE AWAY" is the new light ;)

Blessings,

Stephen

• St George of England
    St George of England

I thought that in 1916 they believed Jesus came to power in 1874 and in 1878 began to fully rule and the resurrection began then. Hence they thought he had gone to heaven.

It wasn't until about 1922 they began to see new light and eventually changed 1874 to 1914 and 1878 to 1918. Fully sorted in 1943 with the book "The truth shall set you free"

Just what I always thought anyway......

George

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for posting. What a creepy picture. I mean- it looks like several of the people's heads are blurred and spinning around like Linda Blair's in " The Exorcist ". Check the guy out closest to the left whose head is blurred. Something about this picture creeps me out. Maybe ghosts or demons ? LOL ! I can only assume they added the " pyramid " thingie to Russell's grave later ? Thereby adding to this creepiness

• compound complex
    compound complex

This, AFAIK, is the newest of newlight, i.e., , CTR having been supplanted by the modern-day FDS:

Just for reference, this is from the Jan 1st 2007 Watchtower - "The First Resurrection Now Under Way ?"

10 Can we say more precisely when the first resurrection begins? An interesting clue is found at Revelation 7:9-15, where the apostle John describes his vision of "a great crowd, which no man was able to number." The identity of that great crowd is revealed to John by one of the 24 elders, and these elders represent the 144,000 joint heirs with Christ in their heavenly glory.* ( Luke 22:28-30; Revelation 4:4 ) John himself had a heavenly hope; but since he was still a man on earth when the elder spoke to him, in the vision John must represent anointed ones on earth who have not yet received their heavenly reward.

11 What, then, can we deduce from the fact that one of the 24 elders identifies the great crowd to John? It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God's anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began sometime between 1914 and 1935. Can we be more precise?

* For information on how we know that the 24 elders represent anointed Christians in their heavenly position, see Revelation—Its Grand Climax At Hand! page 77, published by Jehovah's Witnesses.
  • Tatiana
    Tatiana

So they do not believe there is a soul and that everyone who dies is just dirt and dust. Then what goes 'home' to heaven when the anointed die?

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies

In 1914 the Watchtower organized a trip to Jerusalem so that they would be first to experience the Rapture.

The photo below was taken from the top of the Mount of Olives, which overlooks Jerusalem. Why the Mount of Olives? The Mount of Olives is important due to the belief that when the Messiah arrives through the golden gate, then people who are buried (or situated) on the Mount of Olives will be 'First in line’.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/1914_rapture.html

What a stupid cult!

They all thought they were 'going home' while in Jerusalem during 1914.

Nothing happened ... (wonder why?)

He died October 31, 1916 (HalloweenNight) ... so did he go home (to his god then?)

3Mozzies

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

They look so happy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit