ex-elders, present elders, and sexual abuse survivors or their families

by Lady Lee 58 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• fresia
    fresia

Yes WRONG WAY... it is a crime. This is why they elders should have reported this SIN to the police, but they didn't did they.

Now I am refering to years ago before this policy.

So now we ask the b/s to report the SIN that is a CRIME, seeing that the elders are the shepherds and give advice to the b/s now to report to the police the Sin/Crime.

I ask why did the elders fail to do this. And don't lie and say they did, because they did not. Otherwise we wouldn't have most so many that reoffended.

Not to mention the Crime does not have to be reported in certain States of the USA where it is not against the law not to report it.

So where does Gods law come into this, where are the principles.

You need to understand that the WTBTS has been neglegent in the past and no doubt continues to be.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thank you all for your kind support

Wrong Way/Titus might be reading but he can no longer post. He has been banned again by ADMIN

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Fresia has hit the nail on the head it is a CRIME and therefore reportable to the Police - two witness rules don't apply!

Firstly, Lady Lee you should never have been attacked in that way. He is entitled to his opinion but that is all and if he wants to believe that child abuse doesn't happen the way it does then that is up to him and his conscience.

In 2000 in the UK there was a BBC Panorama programme dedicated solely to child abuse and JWs. This was before I met my JW husband and I watched it with shock horror as it unfolded many child abuse cases that had gone on. There was one case where a girl was abused and reported it to the Elders who did nothing and the perpetrator then went on to abuse the second daughter in the same family, it was then reported to the police. If they had listened to the first daughter the second one would have been spared the same treatment.

Now I spent most of my working life working in the law and know for a fact that if any of the programme wasn't true there would have been litigation. Similarly, my husband spent 26 years working for BBC News and actually edited that particular programme before it was shown and he knows too well how many times the BBC have to check and recheck anything before it is shown because of slander and libel cases.

Ironically, the Sunday before it was shown they were told in his KH not to watch the programme!!!

I really feel for people who have been abused in this way. My two children are grown up now but as with most mums would do anything to protect them from this kind of evil and we do not need Elders blocking the way to justice in order to protect others.

LI

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

To be fair and honest he never hit me. The threat was there. The yelling and screaming. The endless lectures. and the emotional and sexual abuse but no he never actually hit me.

I am so sorry with the mental and sexual abuse you encountered. I completely agree no one has to actually hit you to cause some serious emotional problems. I know of a situation where her husband never hit her but demeaned her and then in front of others was a very loving husband, he wanted a trophy wife (she was one) and treated her like crap behind closed doors. It was sad and I felt horrible not knowing this until the end. She has never been the same, she walked out of that marriage a different person and was very insecure. You never knew it from the outside but she was always making sure her body, clothes everything looked perfect. Even then she was not satisfied.

To this day I have a hard time looking at that POS.

• designs
    designs

So what was Titus's big ooops, he was an apologist for our former relgion and if we chose to do so we could debate him?

• lostsheep82
    lostsheep82
    THIS LOOSER SAYS:

Post 126 of 129
    Since 8/17/2010
    WW, it's one thing to say the policy does not harm children, but how exactly is it good?

It protects children, "an inheritance from Jehovah".

However, you continue to show our community gross disrespect.

Because I want to tell the truth?

saying this to a lady is not cool! Especially, when you dig up their past to try and discredit them

You do the same all the time with Rutherford and Russell.

while you defend a religion like the JW's and their messed up pedophile policy

And I will continue to defend it. You defend lies, and it is also not kewl. Give me EVIDENCES which show that the policy of the WT abuse children.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Jehovah should also be ashamed because he said the words from Ezekiel 16:33, 34 to person who deserves it.

YOU MAKE ME SICK TO MY STOMACH. HOW DARE YOU EVER SAY THAT THE WT POLICY DOESN'T ALLOW ABUSE? Children or no children, it specifically states that unless you have two witnesses your abuse didnt or doesn't exist. Since my abuser was allowed to still run sound and do mikes after i repeatedley went to meetings bruised, tell me this is jah's organization? TWO WITNESSES is why that fucker wouldnt get punished.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF YOU ARROGANT ASSHOLE!

PS-SORRY SIMON:(

• inbetween
    inbetween

the real reason for this problem, at least im my opinion, lays within the training and education, elders receive.

Normally, you would think, anybody getting to know something nasty as child abuse would go to the police, and try to protect other children as much as possible (by informing other parents etc)

elder on the other hand are

1) burdend with lots of work for the WTS,

2) time and again they are trained to do everything according to "mother", if youre not sure, look into publication and flock book, and then ask either CO or Bethel. Do not rely on yourself.

So when presented with a case like child abuse, the elder will try to finish this "work" and try to hide behind "mama" meaning to handle the case according to regulations.

Then they have a good conscience....its rare that elders really care about victims in such a situation, let alone use their common sense.

The WTS trained puppets, not responsible older men !

• Archimendes
    Archimendes

Glad you are out and safe LL, I feel it shows a great self confidence and strength of character to share your story like this. You would not be the only jw to have escaped this way. My mother stuck through many years of a loveless marriage to my non jw father waiting for biblical grounds for divorce. It would be interesting to research how many active jw are actually stuck like this.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

A thoroughly disturbing thread but I am glad I read it to be reminded of why I dont go on the ministry anymore, miss most meetings, falla sleep at assemblies, dont read the publications, and just turn my bullshit deflectors onto maximum setting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit