ex-elders, present elders, and sexual abuse survivors or their families

by Lady Lee 58 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Oh no you di'nt bring in King David into the convo!

-Sab

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I am just wondering. Is there a lot of this kind of thing? By that I mean people who join to insult and argue with others. I can see where many times there might be room for honest disagreement on any given subject, (although this one is really pretty obvious, how can anyone think there are no cases of sex abuse in our organization. I myself have been a victim of an uncle, an elder, who was never removed due to the 2 wittness problem. After a while, the rest of the family assumed that Jehovah must have forgiven him since he was still an elder. )

Back to my question, sorry to digress. Are there a lot of wittnesses who join just to argue or debate? Or are they phonies just out to have their entertainment at the expense of the feelings of others. I am new as you know, and of course although I have spent many hours now looking at old posts, I can't tell based on such limited experience.

Grandma Jones

• sabastious
    sabastious

There are like 4 Witnesses on this forum that are hostile:

Alice.in.wonderland

djeggnog

theMadJW

debator

Just ignore those peeps (btw Simon, we need an ignore funtion).

-Sab

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It is rare that people register just to give us a hard time. There was a period of time when that happened but the registration procees has eliminated most of them. Occassionally one slips through. This one has been banned before. He's banned again. And if he comes back he can expect to be banned yet again and again

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Geeze....

Maybe there is a GOD?

• White Dove
    White Dove

Maybe in 10 years there will be a block capability so individual posters can block certain ones but others can read them, if they want, sort of like Facebook. Maybe in 20 years.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lady Lee thanks for sharing. I really don't understand why Titus has such a hard time over this issue. He is justifying the unjustifiable and wrongfully giving you a hard time.

The thing is he acknowledges that there is so much wrong with teachings abut cant accept the same with the policies. He is only 20, I know that is no excuse but I actually feel for him he is young and confused.

BTW Lady lee, did you get my message the other day, that the guy I was involved in icking out the congregation and who in the words of our last CO "would probably never be allowed back in", has been reinstated. The reason why?......

His victim (step daughter) has left the "Truth" - so I assume they think he must have been inniocent all along. The fact that I am not involved any more and there's a new CO probably helped him too.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Wow...that's all I can say.

I'm glad I missed this ignorant dude. Lady Lee.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Grandma Jones: There is a fair amount of arguing and debating on this forum, but that's OK. That's the price you pay for freedom of thought and speech. We can argue and debate hotly with someone on an issue on one thread and then agree with them on another subject on another thread.

We can learn something from another viewpoint or we can agree to disagree and still remain friends. Or frankly, perhaps some don't really like each other that much. That's OK too. That's life outside the JW world where everyone does not have to pretend to agree, smile and nod all the time and pretend to love each other when they clearly don't.

There is a big difference between hotly debating a subject and nasty character assassination and personal attacks. Not that we have not all been guilty of getting pissy or personal at some point when the topic got hot, myself included. Lady Lee is a long time poster with a well respected history on this forum whereas Titus is a short term poster with a reputation for stupidity.

Now he's been called on it and has to take responsibility for what he said. The people have spoken!

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I am so so sorry Lady Lee that you are being put through this, it's like being put through the whole ordeal all over again I know because every time this subject comes up I relive my past.

My father had been abusing my sister he had a bullying violent nature but could also seem ok and even kindly at other times my mother always did what he asked and was afraid of him. When my other sister wanted to get married he went on a terrifying rampage and threaten to kill her. I was six a the time so you can imagine the terror and shock to a young child, we had to escape and run to a friends house who called the police. But my mother didn't press charges in those days they overlooked domestic violence anyway and turned a blind eye.

My father left and my mother carried on going to meetings then a few years later he tried to come back, the elders encouraged this and the rest of my growing up was a complete misery. My sister had told my mother about the abuse and she just told her to get on with it and brushed it under the carpet. The attitude of the elders was it doesn't matter what your husband is like he is your husband you have to have him back they put the guilts on her.

My sister never forgave my mother for this although she was always good to her. She told me once that she couldn't understand why she never took us all away from him. She said she would never have let her children go through that and would have moved heaven and earth to

get her children away. She is a lovely mother herself and I know she meant it.

I never had any counselling for any of the things that ever happened and I have just had to find a way to deal with it myself. I have not told the whole story there is more. Thank you Lady Lee for being here for people like us even though it means many times reliving what you went through.

Hugs and Love RosePetal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit