ex-elders, present elders, and sexual abuse survivors or their families

by Lady Lee 58 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was personally involved with one when I was an elder - LL you know the details. I know of at three other cases that occured in my time as an elder, even though I was not involved in them. I was an elder for just under 8 years so that is 1 every two years approx in a two counties in southern England.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm going to ask that people refrain from adressing Wrong Way/ Tito on this thread.

As a mod it is our policy that we don't personally deal with attacks on us and get either Simon or Angharad or another mod to address the issue.

Others have been notified.

If anyone really wants to know how and why I left my husband PM me. I'm more than open about it but I will not address it as part of an attack on me and my character

Lee

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way
    WW, it's one thing to say the policy does not harm children, but how exactly is it good?

It protects children, "an inheritance from Jehovah".

However, you continue to show our community gross disrespect.

Because I want to tell the truth?

saying this to a lady is not cool! Especially, when you dig up their past to try and discredit them

You do the same all the time with Rutherford and Russell.

while you defend a religion like the JW's and their messed up pedophile policy

And I will continue to defend it. You defend lies, and it is also not kewl. Give me EVIDENCES which show that the policy of the WT abuse children.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

Jehovah should also be ashamed because he said the words from Ezekiel 16:33, 34 to person who deserves it.

• elderelite
    elderelite

WW, I enjoy talking to you and I'm a bit suprised you are so militant on this.. leaving specific people out of it, as an elder, I can tell you the policy is,IMHO, crap. Who is going to abuse a child, with WITNESSES? please explain, without attacking any person, why you think this is even practical, let alone beneficial..

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way
    As a mod it is our policy that we don't personally deal with attacks on us.

I don't attack you as a Mod, but as a poster who spreads lies on this pretty nice forum, you, Lady Lees!

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Elder, sexual molestation is not only a SIN, it is a CRIME.

Posters here don't want to admit that! They dance around it and avoid to say that all the time.

That's the root of the problem!

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

Elders - they don't investigate a CRIME, but a SIN. They need 2 witnesses.

Police - they investigate a CRIME, and they have their methods.

Don't confuse it!

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Elders - they don't investigate a CRIME, but a SIN. They need 2 witnesses.
    Police - they investigate a CRIME, and they have their methods.

Sin should never be investigated. The only reason why "sin" affects other people is because of the Doctrine of Bloodguilt, which is a load of crap.

If a "sin" that is a crime is uncovered by the elders, they should default to the secular authorities.

-Sab

• Think About It
    Think About It

Usually when an organization has a problem it can be traced back to a failed policy. The WTS's pedophile policy is a failure. It has caused harm to numerous innocent victims and has brought reproach on their organization. Allowing it to continue when it has been brought to light is an even greater reproach. There is no defending the current WTS pedophile policy.

Think About It

• elderelite
    elderelite

indeed, I agree. "we" (have to use quotes on that) are not policemen. However, when we know of something DANGEROUS we are obligated to take protective action, wouldn't you agree? In isreal they were required to build railings on houses. Dont you think children are worth the effort to protect? We also take great pains to invistigate all maner of petty sins, things like watching "R" rated movies and sexual practices among married people. Again, dont you think children are worth that same effort? is it reasonable to expect children to be molested in front of witnesses? why the policy on not reporting to the police unless the law requres it? we go from door to door to warn people about armagedon, but we wont warn the congregation about a sexual predator? does that make sense to you?

again, understand I am not attacking you just asking for your opioion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit