Things you didn't think about before you became a parent

by sabastious 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I never had to think about what a massive predicament it is to be watching your 6 month old alone and having a massive dump come along that you know is going to take 10-15 minutes...especially if your child is being really fussy.

-Sab

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I never thought that I'd catch poo in my hand from a 6 month old. I never thought that I'd let my son wipe his boogers off on my shirt. I never thought that I'd see a naked butt hole farting.

Being a parent is an eye opener....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I never thought sibling rivalry and the whining would be so tired and nerve wrecking . . . or that homework would be a real battle.

And... I knew that it would feel wonderful to hold and cuddle with your baby . . . but I didn't think it would be so nice.

• tec
    tec

I didn't know I'd worry so much.

I also didn't know how much laughter they would bring into my life.

Tammy

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

getting baby crap on your suit before you have to give a talk at the KH

being perpetually semi retarded from the lack of sleep

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Another thing that people don't usually think about before becoming parents...

...birth control.

• sabastious
    sabastious

^ Hey hey hey, this is a PRO kid thread!

-Sab

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I never imagined reading all of Dr. Suess's books again after second grade, let alone enjoying them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didn't know I would have to be so involved in elementary school work again and again and again and again.

• mamalove
    mamalove

lets see, today my 4 year old confessed she spilled oatmeal on the floor. I said, did you wipe it up with the papertowel? She said, nope I picked it up off the floor and ate it. This was post eating a booger.

poop, yes I get called in the potty to look at poop. and you still have to help them wipe their butts even when you think they should be able to do it by themselves.

the spontanious kisses and I love you's make me want to bottle them up so they won't get any older. Good times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit