ex-jw-uk

by bigmac 406 Replies latest jw friends

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Located on the periphery of London - SE.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

RBC/LDC...

Basically they have further centralised the construction work, Everything gets pushed out of HQ and then implemented by the LDCs in countries. They are trying to get much of the oversight work done by full time people so that things can happen without depending on the availability of volunteers at fairly senior levels.

More work is being done by outside contractors.

On the ground, grunt work is still essentially the same people who did the RBC stuff but more of the overseers are Bethel workers.

Of course, part of the reason is that now the WTS has done an asset grab they need to have tight control of exactly who gets to have a new hall. They are also moving to bigger projects where outside contractors are more usable.

The RBC setup still allowed for too much autonomy so they have closed that loophole.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Oi oi.

London

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    Between Liverpool and Cumbria.
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    Somewhere not far from Liverpool
  • besty
    besty
    SE London here...
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Anyone know Bedford?
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Diogenesister
    Anyone know Bedford?

It's about 42 miles from me. I don't know nor have ever been to any congregations there though.
  • Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif
    I used to attend the Biggleswade cong.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Je.suis.oisif
    I used to attend the Biggleswade cong.

My ex-wife's cousin got married to a sister from there...they're now in Wellingborough. I was at the wedding in Biggleswade.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit