Jesus disses corporation-led religion??

by not a captive 76 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    The apostles were all proponents of being guided by the HS and not by man, it seems that the generations that followed them tended to be more controlling, probably because they felt intimidated by difference of opinion.

Differences of opinion?

By what authority did Paul write the following?

Colossians 1:21-23

And although you were formerly alienated and hostile in mind, engaged in evil deeds, yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach - if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard...

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

I'm surprised at you.

Jesus never once spoke against the Jewish religion. He never once spoke against the Law. He never once spoke against the institutions of the Jewish religion, including the Temple, and the Priesthood.

Mat 23:31

"So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32"Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers. 33"You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell? 34"Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, 35so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36"Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

Mat 23:37

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38"Behold, your house is being left to you desolate!

39"For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, 'BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!'"

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

In no place is this an indictment against the Jewish religion, Deputy Dog. The Jewish religion was founded by God, through Moses. Yet even Moses fell short of the mark.

It is an indictment against the evildoers that violated this covenant.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Bible is the hand-book for Christians.

The Bible is not a hand-book. It was never intended to be a comprehensive summation. You cannot simply pick it up and have a "how to" be a Christian. It is entirely deficient in this regard, and this is not it's purpose.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

The Jewish religion was founded by God

God gave the Law, not the Jewish religion. They aren't the same. There are also many places where Jesus disagreed with "Talmudic" teaching.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    God gave the Law, not the Jewish religion.

So the Levite Temple worship is not a religion? The Cohenate is not a religious institution?

What is it, then?

BTS

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

BurnTheShips

Burns you have partially quoted what I said and dismissed its context. I also said:

"On other threads, the same people that place such trust in the accuracy of the Bible, in this thread, portray it in a very different light."

I often refer to Christians as slippery. Thank you for proving this true once again.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?"
    He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
    Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

!?

THE GLADIATOR:

"On other threads, the same people that place such trust in the accuracy of the Bible, in this thread, portray it in a very different light."

What people?

However, this is a subject for a different thread. Start it, and I shall make sure your death on the arena is clean, quick, and pleasing to Caesar.

BTS

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

So the Levite Temple worship is not a religion?

You're missing the point. The Jews of Jesus day added to the Law of Moses, it was no longer worship as God intended. But, it was Jewish "religion"

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Burn

Jesus said they turned his Fathers House into a den of thiefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit