"The Vincible Ignorance of Atheism"

by leavingwt 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Galileo
    Galileo

I haven't posted here in a long time. I check in once in a while. This post, however, begs for a response. Not a detailed one, as nothing you said was of substance. However, since you acknowledge the need to abandon political correctness, I will not attempt to be. Leaving, I would like to assert the following: You, sir, are an idiot. A self-important, arrogant and ignorant buffoon, proud of your own naivety. In science, in the absence of evidence, one assumes the "null hypothesis", that a claim is not true. That is what atheism is. If you can provide better evidence that your foreskin obsessed child murdering ghost that invented math but thinks that Pi is exactly 3 (I Kings 7:23-26), is more likely than any other mythological being, then do so. If you can't, than stop insulting those of us that have the intellectual honesty to admit that, painful and frightening as it might be, we once based our lives on fairy tales.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I check in once in a while.

I often post pieces that I totally disagree with. This is one of them. I invited comments and I've received quite a few.

• Galileo
    Galileo

Wow. Did I totally miss the point of your post? In that case, I sincerely apologize. In any respect, thanks for getting my adrenaline going :-)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Wow. Did I totally miss the point of your post? In that case, I sincerely apologize. In any respect, thanks for getting my adrenaline going :-)

Hey, no problem. Apology accepted.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I just looked through some of your other posts, and yes, an apology was definitely in order. I was way out of line and totally misunderstood where you were coming from. Thanks for your understanding.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

WHat a f#cking idiot...

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I know who said it. It's still dishonest and not true. It's not the way the word is intended or understood by most people. It's a way of putting words in someone's mouth.

Same idea, taken one step further to it's logical conclusion.

I'm terribly curious why it is that people who have science degrees sometimes feel that gives them the task of explaining what is and isn't possible when it's impossible to determine exactly what is possible and impossible on some levels to the rest of us poor morons?

Then you misunderstand science. Scientists don't (or shouldn't) be telling us what is and what isn't possible. However, they can tell us what is and isn't measureable and that artificially stimulating the right areas of the brain in non-spiritual people can induce the exact same experiences and what all of the evidence (or lack of it) points to.

• Rufus
    Rufus
    I've said it before; I'll say it again until I'm BLUE IN THE FACE...
    The TRUE DEITY [if there is one...] of this planet WON'T BE FOUND IN THE YOUNGEST RELIGIONS!!! It will be found in the OLDEST religion!!!!
    ...Unfortunately, religious people are HIGHLY RESISTANT to LOGIC!!!!

This fallacy is known as argumentum ad antiquitatem. In short, it asserts that something is right (good, superior, etc.) simply because it is older. ;)

-Rufus

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ah, but Rufus, that deity that is only 3,500 years old claims to be the ORIGINATOR of everything...

Which is physically impossible, given that 'he' wasn't even AROUND while many of the older 'gods' and 'goddesses' were...

To the tune of 'his' being ABSENT for the first 230,000 years of human worship, or so!!

'he' is ruled out of the race, because he wasn't there to begin [pun intended!] with!!!

Zid

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

sometimes i think both sides sounds like assholes.

Atheist: You are an idiot if you believe in God.

Christian: You are an idiot if you dont believe in God. (And your going to hell too, haha)

Fuck everyone I say.

HAHA just kidding.

But seriously, I grow tired of this shit.

There are intelligent rational good moral people that believe in god, and there are intelligent rational good moral people that dont believe in god.

thats my 2 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit