Do not circulate recordings or transcripts of talks at the meetings last night.

by life is to short 37 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Watchtowers with a 'born on date' How hilariously apt...

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

interesting that the law in the hebrew scriptures remained virtually the same for hundreds of years they could depend on it and alot of the health laws did actually offer protection. why then if this is currently his organization the same consideration that he supposedly had for the jews is not evident certainly some of the health advice from good old clayton woodworth in the golden age is downright dangerous like radium heating pads for arthritis and germs don't cause disease was that advice some kind of strange sifting policy.

• Terry
    Terry

If the reasoning is not to keep old information, the Christians would have had to toss a good part of the OT.

Nice catch, Blondie!

• designs
    designs

I wish that I had video recorded David Splane doing his Rant at a CA, it was priceless.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Having lived in Mormon Central for the last 20 years, I can only compare this to the "convenient" revelations the council of twelve that runs the LDS church has whenever they find that some of their 1830s religious writings (That were given to them straight from God himself via the angel Moroni and a white salamander in a cave or whatever that fairy tale is all about) that are full of racism and misogyny outright offend members enough that they start mumbling and leaving the church. They had one after civil rights said that if they didn't allow blacks equal status in their church, they could be sued for discrimination, so suddenly, it became okay for them to be in the priesthood when formerly it was forbidden.

They had a convenient one about dropping the insistence on polygamy to please God after the United States Army came in and held them siege too. Handy, that. They called them "revelations given at the appointed time" and such...sounds a little familiar. I've always found these subtle similarities between Mormons and JWs, although they hate each other pretty much.

But, the Mormons just have a "revelation' and change something and everyone settles down for a while. No different than "the light gets brighter and brighter" BS the WTS throws out there occasionally when they get caught in an oopsy and have to make a quick shuffle, ball step change foot tap dance.

A skunk by any other name smells just as putrid.

• logic
    logic

This information is like telling people not to use matches while standing in the middle of burned out forest fire.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is a good reason to not circulate these recordings, and not the one in the Kingdumb Misery (its being biased toward local needs). If I circulate something today, it is bound to get posted online. Now, it is going to sit there. The next time they change something and try to claim it never was said, someone is going to download the recording as a MP3 file and burn a CD to prove that they did in fact say that.

• minimus
    minimus

Any of the old recordings on the internet of District Overseers proclaiming the end is here will now be viewed with utter contempt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit