Do not circulate recordings or transcripts of talks at the meetings last night.

by life is to short 37 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

OK I listening in for the meetings and will probably go to the special talk Sunday, they are having it this week because of the special assembly day last weekend.

I am doing this for a very good reason but it is driving me crazy listening to this stuff. I need to vent of else I feel I will go crazy. It is so stupid.

OK so last night was the Question Box and it was about recording the public talks. OH MY GOD I just could not believe the stupidness of the answers. This one MS said 'it is frightening at how easily we can record.' I kid you not, you cannot make this stuff up. He said 'the ipod and recording devices that are out there can record so easily that it is peer frightening. He has seen it with how own eyes.' Now mind you this is not a stupid person, he has a good job working for some top company who flys him all over the west coast.

The the PO's son an elder said 'we would only want to listen to the channel that the Jehovah is using now and that would be the Faithful Slave. So we would never want to listen to anything but what they approve for us to listen to.

Then get this someone said to have old recordings and to listen to them could harm us because of the new light that Jehovah is providing for us all the time. I kid you not. They said what if you have a talk that is say 10 years old the information could be old and we would want to always keep up with Jehovah's organization. WHAT? Then they said what if it was from a CO and he was addressing just the area or congregation and we were to hear his talk we could get wrong ideas from what he really meant.

It is truly unbelievable what they are teaching and that I bought into it growing up in the religion. I feel like my mind is so clear and to listen to such stupidness is crazy making.

LIFE REALLY IS TO SHORT FOR THIS.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I guess they don't want their old teachings to be used to prove flip-flops. Also, what's not recorded can be denied later. They can say anything they want on the platform and no one would have proof of it.

• undercover
    undercover

C

U

L

T

• sir82
    sir82
    They said what if you have a talk that is say 10 years old the information could be old and we would want to always keep up with Jehovah's organization.

It's mind-bending isn't it? It never occurs to them that that "10 year old wrong information" originally came from "Jehovah's organization" as well.

So, 10 years from now, how much of what JWs currently believe will be considered wrong? Does Jehovah change his mind that often? And if it isn't Jehovah changing his mind, then his "organization" is doing a pretty piss-poor job of getting his thoughts across.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

All WT publications have an Expiration Date. They should go ahead and stamp them, like cartons of milk.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

On reading this, there is only one thing that comes to mind.

Please, Beloved Ones. Awaken.

Love,
    Baba.

• blondie
    blondie

If the reasoning is not to keep old information, the Christians would have had to toss a good part of the OT.

• poppers
    poppers

Wow - they fear recordings of their own teaching. It's amazing people keep following these guys.

• flipper
    flipper

Another reason I would assume they don't want talks circulating from past times is because of liability. If some C.O. or elder is speaking their own opinions or out of the backside of their behind - the WT society does not want legal repercussions to deal with. Some of the GB speak such stupid stuff out of their pie hole - it's like a loaded gun waiting to go off at any moment. Also it's all about controlling information they want members to hear. C-U-L-T

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

The phrase "new light" drives me crazy. Isn't the Bible suppose to be a book that shows us how to live our life the best we can? If so, why is there all of this new light?Why do dates have to be deciphered? Something is always changing with them. If I had children and wanted to teach them the best way to live their life I would tell them in plain English!!!(Or whatever language you speak!!) Plain and simple. I'm not going to have my children trying to figure out codes, and riddles and dates so they can go through life. No mysteries...Make it as easy as possible to understand.

Bluegill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit