What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

Oh wow...where to even begin!! I'm a big movie fan...lessee...some recommendations in no particular order:

Love Me If You Dare - a cute french film (with subtitles, of course) about a game of dare between two childhood friends that escalates in severity...very cute!

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Butterfly Effect

Mirrormask - probably more of a "youth" movie, but VERY creative and visually intriguing

August Rush - very very good family movie. Definitely one of those feel good movies you could watch over and over plus it has amazing music in it, and I'm a big music buff!

Religulous - bill maher documentary about religion, obviously....I thought it was well done

A Mighty Wind, and also Best In Show - two very entertaining and hilarious mockumentaries!

Temple Grandin - a movie documenting the life of a woman named Temple Grandin who was born with autism and how she became one of the leading minds in human livestock handling. VERY well portrayed and played by Claire Danes who did an excellent job!!!

OH and a VERY obscure slightly kinda violent/graphic movie...that also happens to be an actual OPERA format..... Repo: The Genetic Opera - like I said, kinda graphically violent but VERY interesting futuristic concept regarding loans involving organs....has both Sarah Brightman and Paris Hilton of all people. I randomly saw an advertisement for this and was intrigued by the preview and then I was like "well I HAVE to see it now" when I found out it had Paris Hilton, cuz I thought it would be super ridiculous. But it actually was a VERY interesting movie!

Run, Lola, Run - I think it's a german film....one plot line with I think 3 different possible courses of action and outcomes....very cool flick

ok that's all for now....I'm sure there's a billion more I could recommed but I'll start with that :-P

And for those of you with weak constitutions, I would warn against Haunting in Connecticut. I thought it was pretty creepy lol .....Pan's Labyrinth is also a bit difficult to watch in parts, but DEFINITELY a great movie.

• ana_dote
    ana_dote

LOL sorry *HUMANE livestock handling ...not human LOLOL that'd be funny

• tec
    tec

Memoirs of a Geisha - one of my very favorite movies. Beautiful and unusual.

• besty
    besty

Mike Bassett - England Manager - comedy gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0v9wbacMLc&NR=1

• smiddy
    smiddy

Temple Grandin

Dr.Strangelove

Failsafe

Ox bow incident

Bedford incident

Send me no flowers

smiddy (no that`s not a movie that`s me )

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

"The Package" with Gene Hackman and Tommy Lee Jones.

"Three Days of the Condor" with Robert Redford.

"They Live!".

Judge Dread

• bluegirl78
    bluegirl78

"Dirty Pretty Things" (2002)

• teel
    teel

Waking Life.

This movie got more philosophy crammed in it than a college textbook. If you feel that your mind needs new avenues to wander on, watch this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk2DeTet98o&NR=1

Also A Clockwork Orange was brilliant, even though usually I like the book better than the movie. Stanley Kubrick is truly a genius.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Good choices beksbks - I'd add Manon des Sources to that and for any Emmanuelle Beart fans: Un Coeur en Hiver

MMXIV

• Robdar
    Robdar

American History X-- Ed Norton is gives a powerful performance as a anger filled, neo-nazi, skin head. The movie is not for people who like happy, feel good movies. If you have a weak stomach, do not watch the YouTube video posted below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9gOpLiJB8

This weekend I watched Malcolm X again. I highly recommend it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit