What's a really good movie you'd recommend that most people probably haven't seen?

by A.Fenderson 140 Replies latest social entertainment

• beksbks
    beksbks

I loooooooooove The Return of Martin Guerre! I can't believe I didn't mention it myself!

Raise the Red Lantern

Scent of Green Papaya

The Band's Visit

Il Postino

Swept Away the original!!! And if you like the Wermuller/Giannini combo, Seven Beauties and The Seduction of Mimi

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Don't know if this one was mentioned but I loved "The World's Fastest Indian" starring Anthony Hopkins. Based on the true story of Burt Munro from New Zealand and his quest to have the fastest 1920' Indian motorcycle. He actually made it to the Bonneville salt flats and set records.

HappyDad

Incredible movie! Makes me want to build a bike for Bonneville.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Men

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Men? Hi beks

• beksbks
  • Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree about the Return of Martin Guerre.

And I really liked The World's Fastest Indian and I'm a woman and I don't like motorcycles. Anthony Hopkins is a great actor!

• agonus
    agonus

Totally on board with Grave of the Fireflies - one of the best animated films ever made.

Great little recent sci-fi film: "Moon" with Sam Rockwell. Derivative yet somehow shockingly good.

• tec
    tec

Saw Moon with Sam Rockwell a couple weeks ago. It was shockingly good!

• Mr. Monday Night
    Mr. Monday Night

'City of God' & 'The Count of Monte Christo'...very underrated movies.

Ciao,

MMN

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I forgot about City of God, only seen it once, but it left an impression. Its funny see curse words in subtitles though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit