Door to Door Message? A DIVERSION! Where does the MONEY go??

by Terry 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Terry,

"Did your Kingdom Hall have nicer dressed JW's?"

Of course. JWs meet the standard of their community.

• bobld
    bobld

I have wondered.As I said before on this post I believe all monies are controlled by someone other than the GB.The GB are a front and they do not know it.The GB say "No financial profit is made by any members of the GB,Officers of it's legal agencies(why do they have a ton of lawyers working for free BS) or other prominent persons associated with the ORG.(who are these other prominent persons some rich philantropes)

CT RUSSELL said "our society has not sought to lay up earthly riches"Look at all the real estate of the jw org today.It has been said "J.W. are the world biggest construction industry"

Those serve at Society's bethel homes said Russell"be provided food,shelter,moderate amount for expenses,enough for immediate needs but not provision for laying up money."----That same standard applies today. However, when you get old and cannot work we(the GB)WILL TELL you to leave and we WILL sell the building that you help build.

In the last few years the WBTS is asking all cong the PASS RESOLUTION for money.1.KHAA 2.COAA 3.world wide work 4.KHFUND 5.Donations 6.KH maintenence.etc,etc.

I know of an incident where an estate was donated to a local KH only to be donated to WTHQ.

They(whoever controlls this org) must have been planning for years to sell all the buildings in NY.They had sold their farm operations to make room for patterson,acquired land for new bldgs etc.Why bldg when they had all printing in place. OK enough all ready Bob

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

I always like to ask older jw's "SO HOW MUCH DO THE WT MAG;S COST NOW"? 99% OF the time they will say " they were always free" At this time I have set them up to LIE FOR THE WTS. tHEN i ASK " how long have you been a jw?. remember I'm talking to jw's that have been in most likely for at least 40 + years if not more. THE TRAP HAS BEEN SET !!!!!!!! I go back so the mag's were never sold for a FIXED PRICE? AGAIN 99% OF THE time they will deny the mag's were ever sold for A FIXED PRICE... then I DROP THE BOMB whrn I was a young child 35 years ago I CLEARLY REMEMBER GOING TO THE HALL AND THE MAG'S HAD A SET PRICE ON THEM. AND MY JW FAMILY PEDDELING THEM FOR $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ . LAST I REMEMBER WAS $.25 CENTS per copy then I tell them about the case with Jimmy sarwart. and how i only COST THE WTS ABOUT $ .03 PENNIES EACH TO PRINT EACH MAG . SLAVE LABOR ,INK ,PAPER AND ALL. and ask what the hell they were doing with 1 1/2 to over $ 2 MILLIONS PROFIT THEY WERE TAKING IN EVERY WEEK FOR DECADES? the old jw's always run away / because I kicked their asses and MADE THEY LIE. LIKE TAKING CANDY FROM A BABY.... JC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They haven't been "free" that long in the entire scheme of things. I can't imagine any older Dub saying they have always been free. I'll have to try some similar questions. If they can't remember all the many many years worth of service meetings designed to unindoctrinate the sales pitch and indoctrinate the donation pitch they either have brain disease or they are indeed lying.

Weren't the larger books $2 or $2.50 and mags 50 cents at the time they stopped charging a fixed price?

• blondie
    blondie

*** km 11/89 p. 3 Announcements ***Literature offer for November: NewWorldTranslationoftheHolyScriptures and the Trinity brochure for $4.30.

*** km 12/89 p. 7 Announcements ***Literature offer for December: YoungPeopleAsk book for a contribution of $1.50, or BibleStories or LiveForever for $3.00

*** km 1/90 p. 7 Announcements ***Literature offer for JanuaryandFebruary:Any 192-page book published prior to 1980 that the congregation has in stock for the reduced contribution of 50¢, with the following exceptions: FamilyLife,GreatTeacher,ThisLife,Truth, and Youth. There is a limited supply of CommentaryonJames that may be ordered from Brooklyn. (For obtaining credit, elders should refer to the guidelines in the Society’s letter of December 21, 1988.) If the congregation has no stock of books to be offered at the reduced rate, the WorldwideSecurity book should be offered for a contribution of $1.00. This book may be ordered from Brooklyn. March:TheBible—God’sWordorMan’s? for a contribution of $1.00. AprilandMay:Watchtower subscription. Where a subscription is not obtained, two magazines and a copy of any brochure may be offered for the contribution of 80¢.

*** km 3/90 p. 3 Announcements ***

AprilandMay:Watchtower subscription. One-year subscriptions to semimonthly editions are $5.00. One-year subscriptions to monthly editions and six-month subscriptions to semimonthly editions are $2.50.

In April 1990 the money amounts disappear:

*** km 4/90 p. 7 Announcements ***Literature offer for AprilandMay:Watchtower subscription. One-year subscriptions to semimonthly editions are available on a complete donation basis. Six-month subscriptions to semimonthly editions and one-year subscriptions to monthly editions can also be obtained. When the subscription is not obtained, two magazines and a copy of any brochure, except the School brochure, may be offered. June:SurvivalIntoaNewEarth. JulyandAugust: Any 32-page brochure, except the School brochure.

*** km 1/90 p. 7 Announcements ***Literature offer for JanuaryandFebruary:Any 192-page book published prior to 1980 that the congregation has in stock for the reduced contribution of 50¢, with the following exceptions: FamilyLife,GreatTeacher,ThisLife,Truth, and Youth. There is a limited supply of CommentaryonJames that may be ordered from Brooklyn. (For obtaining credit, elders should refer to the guidelines in the Society’s letter of December 21, 1988.) If the congregation has no stock of books to be offered at the reduced rate, the WorldwideSecurity book should be offered for a contribution of $1.00. This book may be ordered from Brooklyn. March:TheBible—God’sWordorMan’s? for a contribution of $1.00. AprilandMay:Watchtower subscription. Where a subscription is not obtained, two magazines and a copy of any brochure may be offered for the contribution of 80¢.

*** km 3/90 p. 3 Announcements ***

AprilandMay:Watchtower subscription. One-year subscriptions to semimonthly editions are $5.00. One-year subscriptions to monthly editions and six-month subscriptions to semimonthly editions are $2.50.

In April 1990 the money amounts disappear:

*** km 4/90 p. 7 Announcements ***Literature offer for AprilandMay:Watchtower subscription. One-year subscriptions to semimonthly editions are available on a complete donation basis. Six-month subscriptions to semimonthly editions and one-year subscriptions to monthly editions can also be obtained. When the subscription is not obtained, two magazines and a copy of any brochure, except the School brochure, may be offered. June:SurvivalIntoaNewEarth. JulyandAugust: Any 32-page brochure, except the School brochure.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I know from first-hand sources that the WT has at least two Bloomberg financial terminals that cost at least $20,000 a year per subscription. Their main purpose is to analyze fiancial markets, notably bonds. I was handed a business card by a Bethelite which bears the title "international cash management."

• Room 215
    Room 215

I know from first-hand sources that the WT has at least two Bloomberg financial terminals that cost at least $20,000 a year per subscription. Their main purpose is to analyze fiancial markets, notably bonds. I was handed a business card by a Bethelite which bears the title "international cash management."

• Room 215
    Room 215

apologies for the double post... mea culpa

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The financial operations of the WTS. have always been hidden and obscured away from the eyes of the flock.

for whatever aspect of their money dealing ands investments.

Wouldn't want to make people think that the Preaching work is a money profiting establishment.

This hidden business arrangement goes back to C T Russell's day.

An end of the world apocalyptic religion suits a publishing company quite well does it not ?

• ziddina
    ziddina

[apologizing in advance for dragging this thread off-topic - briefly...]

This one's for Purple Sofa - "shark" opening scene from "Airplane" - in Russian, yet! Just from second 27 to second 53 or so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr_tLC8V6QY&feature=related

And getting back on topic...

Here's the thread about the finances of the Watchtower Organization - started by the poster "God_Delusion", a few weeks back - as mentioned by Mad Sweeney...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/189474/1/How-the-WTS-hides-its-cash-you-may-find-this-interesting

And another thread along a similar thought, started by "On The Way Out"...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184721/1/Evil-lying-Manipulators-OR-Captive-Duped-Slaves-Duping-Others-or-some-of-both

Zid $$$ $$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit