Door to Door Message? A DIVERSION! Where does the MONEY go??

by Terry 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Terry
    Terry

Watchtower Society declines to return disputed £100,000 legacy

By Emilie Filou, Third Sector, 13 February 2008

The charitable arm of the Jehovah's Witnesses should return a £100,000 legacy from a man it expelled for trying to convert call girls, one of the man's relatives has said.

Martin Davis said the Watchtower Society should return the money left to it by his cousin Donald Kennett so it could go to Kennett's nephew, who is autistic.

Accepting money from a member who had been expelled would damage the charity's reputation, said Davis, of Dulwich, south London.

Kennett was befriended by a Jehovah's Witness in the 80s when recovering from a serious car crash and joined shortly afterwards, Davis told Third Sector. He was 'disfellowshipped' from his group in Stockport in 2001 after members discovered that he was contacting call girls.

When Kennett's mother died in 1994, she had left half her estate to him and half to his autistic nephew. Kennett's own will left all of the resulting £100,000 to the Watchtower Society.

Davis said he acknowledged that the charity had a legal right to the money but argued that it should return it on moral grounds and to prevent damage to the charity's reputation.

"The society should not wrongfully gain the reputation of putting its financial interests before its moral obligations," he said. "It expelled Donald as if he were polluted or unclean. It should have refused the money. It's as simple as that."

A Charity Commission spokeswoman said it had advised the Watchtower Society that trustees have a legal obligation to use funds for the charity's cause, but that they can seek permission to make an ex-gratia payment if it is in the best interests of the charity.

"We would need to be satisfied that the trustees believed themselves to be under a moral obligation to make the payment, and we would need to see the grounds on which the decision had been made," she said.

The Watchtower Society wrote to Davis saying it did not think the commission would permit it to make an ex-gratia payment and informed him that it intended to close the case.

Davis said the Watchtower Society did not refer to a moral obligation in its letter to the Charity Commission. "If no such case was made to the commission, it would feel no duty to permit a payment," he said. "But if a moral case to relinquish the estate was advocated, the Charity Commission would be unlikely to reject it."

A spokesman for the Watchtower Society said: "The trustees sought guidance from the commission and, after considering Davis's submission in light of the advice, concluded that a payment would not be permitted."

• Terry
    Terry

This is certainly worth reading:

[PDF]
    THE WATCHTOWER CASH COW
  • Terry
    Terry

Friday, July 11, 2008

Amazing Shakedown of Brothers at Columbia, South Carolina

There was a big elders meeting in Columbia, South Carolina on Saturday June 9.
    Around 240 congregations, 2000+ elders were in attendance.
    The Society wants to build a brand new Assembly Hall in Columbia, South Carolina, to handle the huge influx of Jehovah's Witnesses moving to the US Southeast from up North.
    They expect to have it done in 34 months (finished by April 2010). Total cost estimated to be approximately $8 - 9 million.
    They want to have the whole thing paid for by the time the building is done - no long term loans.
    They "strongly suggested" that each of the 240 congregations commit to supporting "their share" of the expense. $8.5 million divided by 240 congregations divided by 34 months works out to over $1000 per month per congregation. Congregations are to pass out "financial surveys" to members, to see how much each congregation can come up with.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Terry when you wrote: "But, Jehovah's Witnesses present a public face deceptively out of touch with the real power brokers formerly in Brooklyn that serves to deflect these questions about "where does the money go?" The JW who knocks on the local door is dressed in a Montgomery Ward suit and a scuffed pair of cheap shoes. They don't take collections at their Kingdom Halls. So, the public face is that of shabbiness and under achievement," you injured your credibility.

JWs do not go door to door with a "public face ...of shabbiness..." You overreach. The truth about the JWs is bad enough we don't have to resort to exaggeration!

Of course they collect money through whatever legal avenue is available to them. Who doesn't?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw,

Did Ray Franz in COC claim the GB "do most anything billions of dollars will afford.."?

Ray lived with the GB. He knew the whole story and he told it. I find it interesting when people who did not serve as close to the GB as Ray did go beyond what he wrote.

By the way, I enjoy your pics.

Does someone who works for a multi billion dollar organization..Have to claim they get expenses paid for..

Before you believe,they get expenses paid for..

They don`t pay for Travel,Accomedation,Food,Clothes,Dentists,Doctors,Gas,Insurance..ECT ect..

Where do you think the money for all that,comes from?..

Maybe the WBT$ GB..

Dances in front of Walmart,for Nickles on the Weekend??..

LOL!!..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Outlaw,

Ray Franz was on the GB. I believe he received his expenses paid just as everyone else. Do you really believe Terry's claim of big bucks in the Watchtower somehow going unaccounted for is being spent on expense accounts for the GB?

There was a big deal here about a ring on the finger of a GB. Why don't we get some pics on their wives. Maybe there's some strings of pearls and designer clothes we can pick out.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw,
    Ray Franz was on the GB. I believe he received his expenses paid just as everyone else.
    Do you really believe Terry's claim of big bucks in the Watchtower somehow going unaccounted for is being spent on expense accounts for the GB?..

Uh..Where did Terry claim..Big Bucks in the Watchtower that are going unaccounted for..Are being spent on the Expense Accounts of the WBT$ GB?..

Post that for me..I`d like to see it..

There was a big deal here about a ring on the finger of a GB.

I saw it..It`s an inexpensive piece..No big deal..

Why don't we get some pics on their wives.
    Maybe there's some strings of pearls and designer clothes we can pick out.

Why?.. Whats the point?..

Show me where Terry said..

There are large amounts of WBT$ Cash going missing,because of WBT$ GB expense accounts?

You made the claim..Now you have to back it up..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

"It didn't make sense. Not the small amount (3%). That was irrelevent. It was the fact that I was agreeing to MAKE A SACRIFICE and that would certianly include my expenses, wouldn't it? Why wouldn't a sacrifice be a one hundred per cent sort of arrangment?

It was just dissonant enough to puzzle me.

I think it reflects a kind of subconscious guilt on the part of those at the top who were making money hand over fist."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    "It didn't make sense. Not the small amount (3%). That was irrelevent. It was the fact that I was agreeing to MAKE A SACRIFICE and that would certianly include my expenses, wouldn't it? Why wouldn't a
    sacrifice be a one hundred per cent sort of arrangment?
    It was just dissonant enough to puzzle me.
    I think it reflects a kind of subconscious guilt on the part of those at the top who were making money hand over fist.".....believingxjw

I have no Frigg`n idea what you are talking about..LOL!!

Show me where Terry said..

There are large amounts of WBT$ Cash going missing,because of WBT$ GB expense accounts?

You made the claim..Now you have to back it up..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Yep, that's my answer. Take it or leave it or go scratch. It don't matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit