New BOE letter on inactive ones

by JWFreak 55 Replies latest jw friends

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

its funny they think all those who have left are now spiritually dead or weak.many including myself have learned much since we left and now consider the wts teachings mere nonesense mixed with some bible truth.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

perhaps a repentant jw can ask for a bible study in the studies in the scriptures volumes.

• teel
    teel

So I guess this letter might be the reason for the elder's visit on friday night? Hm... I just shut the door in their nose. Was I too rude? Here we have a saying: the uninvited guest's place is behind the door (loosely translated).

• 00DAD
    00DAD

What a wacky letter!

Generally speaking, though, many who are inactive have not abandoned the truth.

So this acknowledges that at least some that are "inactive" have abandoned the religion.

Neither have they engaged in seri ous wrongdoing.

Two weird things about THAT statement:

1. First, it implies that the GB thinks that at least some inactive ones are guilty of "serious wrongdoing," and
    2. It also implies that they think all inactive ones are guilty of at least wrongdoing that is, I don't know, "less-than-serious"

Nothing quite says I trust you like assuming the worst of your spiritual brothers and sisters. Things like this really reveal how the GB views their followers. Maybe it's just a projection of how they feel about themselves.

What a nutty bunch of guys that run this religion.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh that's the 1st thing people think. I knew an ex CO who was in our KH who stepped down after he started getting migrains. While he was going through all the medical testing, and elder approached him and asked if there was a serious sin he wanted to confess to. What a great support system

• 00DAD
    00DAD

wha happened?: Oh that's the 1st thing people think. I knew an ex CO who was in our KH who stepped down after he started getting migrains. While he was going through all the medical testing, and elder approached him and asked if there was a serious sin he wanted to confess to. What a great support system

Just like Job's comforters!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit