New BOE letter on inactive ones

by JWFreak 55 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Can this thread be added to the "Best of" list please; it has some very useful information.

What I'm curious about is how they determine whether the inactive person is repentant, because it often seems that an emotional, tearful display is not enough for many elders and they will take the persons having kept away from the meetings as a lack of repentance. If the inactive person feels nuber and merely says they are sorry, recognise they have sinned, and would like to attend some meetings again, is that enough? It seems to me that many elders seem confused about the whole "fruits befitting repentance" thing, thinking that the sinner must be showing these fruits before the JC.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

what about the dfd ones who are living morally clean lives?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

maybee in the next boe letter it will say to dfd these repented technically jehovahs witnesses.then they can destroy this letter.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Oops I signed the opening post with a name .....does anyone know how or if can they remove it for me......its a little like closing the stable door for me

Thanks

JWF

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

next to the date on the right there is a little edit icon...

• fokyc
    fokyc

Very interesting reading!

My wife's cong have little or no interest in visiting inactive members,

they just destroy the record card and pretend they never existed!

An adjacent cong make a point of regularly going round ALL inactive ones,

particularly at this time before the memorial meeting.

I don't believe the elders take any notice of these instructions from above;

that includes the elders manual and CO's instructions.

They just use their own opinion as it is at the time.

fokyc

• freddo
    freddo

OK - as an ex elder I always ask why. Why did the GB feel the need to send this updated version of "following up" inactives.

They didn't make a huge fuss about losing people when the figures were steadily rising with no additional manipulation from them. This didn't change until after the generation change/millenium when they were slowing down and stagnating in numbers especially in the west.

Then it was go out and reactivate, allow 15 mins reporting, tacitly encourage low age publishers, double counting of study time with husband and wife, reduce the meeting load etc. Which has kept the small increase going and encouraged the less committed to stay.

Now the internet and all it's little demon websites and social networks is waking up people as to how to stay in, keep under the radar and/or fade without blowing their cover.

So now a subtle change IMO - if the elders go out on an inactive call and John75 or Christine95 or Ed"Overlap" or Jane "Blinkin' light" let slip that "false prophecy" has eroded their faith in the FDS then instead of going back with "they ain't interested chaps try again next year or let 'em drift" - they go back with "they ain't interested but let's check with the service desk" and the SD will hint that they need to go back and check again with the golden Q. of "do you believe the org is Jah's one true and only never to be removed spiritual feeder elevated above the angels (including JC) so help me God? err Ted?"

And then it's bye bye fry fry time of the; they've DA'd by their actions and so God's clean (barf) org is kept that way. And the elders "know the drill" next time. This is all about apostasy (TM) and keeping a lid on it as it bubbles away more and more in every circuit and branch office in the western world.

This is an organisation that lets the likes of Michael Porter the Paedo stay in and hangs out to dry decent people who question the dictats on doctrine (Paulapollos?)!

Sorry if that turned into a UK rant.

Freddo

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"genuinely repentant" = will do exactly what they are told: attend ALL meetings, be regular in the "field misery", conform to ALL dress and grooming "suggestions" that the local PO personally likes, and whatever else the elders feel would be an appropriate test of "genuine repentance". Maybe washing the elder's cars after the meeting?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The entire thing is demeaning and insulting. The inactive one has something wrong with him/her. Something that a Bible study (WTH, are you kidding?) could help solve.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if they give me a chance to demonstrate "repentance", I will simply refuse to take down my Christmas decorations. In fact, I will simply put up some more--and pull out my Ouija board. I don't want any of those witlesses telling me how I am to manage my time and spend my money, or how I am supposed to behave in simple ways (like how I am to dress, for instance).

So far, the organization itself has not repented on protecting pedophiles while silencing the victims. They still lie about their past history. They lie to the media in cases where members commit serious crimes, up to and including the infamous one last August where someone in Texas was busted for killing and eating the baby--along with numerous other murders around and since then. They lie so children can have their lives ruined (and this is not a mere risk--every single witless child is going to have their time and energy wasted).

I hope they don't decide this time to get really aggressive about catching me and carting me to the Kingdumb Hell. I know that all it would take is for one witless who is willing to get me back at all cost (and I know there is one that potentially would), and gets the opportunity to pull this on me, and I might not have any choice but to be physically carted back to boasting sessions and field circus. So far, I have not seen any official correspondence from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger encouraging "weak ones" to be put up in "strong" families, but all it takes is for one family to do it anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit