New BOE letter on inactive ones

by JWFreak 55 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Offering Bible studies: If the inactive one responds favorably to the visit and expresses a
    desire to resume activity with the congregation, a Bible study may be offered. If the study is ac-
    cepted, make this known to a member of the service committee. Arrangements can then be made
    for the study to be conducted. Good judgment is needed to determine who is best suited to con-
    duct the study, how long it should be conducted, and what publication should be studied.—km
    11/98 p. 7.

Well I dunno....a Bible study....how about the Bible?

• lrkr
    lrkr

Well this would explain the 3 phone calls I got in the months of December and January. I guess everyone else just figured I was beyond hope.

Ohhh a Bible Study- quite tempting!! It would be a challenge to see how long it would take before I could see a "deer in the headlights" look in my "teacher's" eyes. (No- just stay the course- keep head low and avoid the DF)

• boyzone
    boyzone

Freddo - I like your rant, spot on.

• agonus
    agonus

Ooh, ooh, can I pick the publication?

I've got some nice books from Zondervan Publishing and Tyndale Press!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

choosing life:

I guess it is time to screen calls and ignore unwelcome visits.

nah...{Death Valley} Congo elders are too lazy... you will be "lucky" to get an invite to the Memorial Disrespect Jesus Celebration WT Infomercial.....

I left {Death Valley} congo in Dec 06 for another circuit and state entirely.... once the elders in the new congo got the letter stating I was not eligible to be reappointed an elder (or even MS) because of being removed (and disqualified for 3 years)...the new congo elders suddenly lost interest in my personal well being. My last visit to the 9th Circle of Hell (aka Kingdom Hell) was in Sept 07..I have not heard from them or {DV} congo since.

I did receive a visit from 2 elders (including the COBOE) in the town I live in awhile back... back on November 1, 2009...so that was before the date of that letter....but maybe the CO gave them a heads up on it? Haven't heard from them either...

..so much for their so-called "Christian" love....

Snakes (Rich )

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, we shall see if the wife's congo want to follow up on this and talk to me.??

They see me from time to time at the Hall. I have actually said to the Field Service Overseer on 2 occasions that I would be willing to sit down for a chat. (once was after he just asked me out in F/Service, just like that with no enquiry as to whether I was "fit". I told him that I was not in a position to do that)

I will be very surprised if I hear from them. My experience of 'caring for the flock' in recent years has been similar to Freddo and Fokyc, ie - non existent !

BTW thanks to JWfreak for the post, it could be very valuable...

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I am almost ten years into a 'fade'. I have a new phone number they haven't got hold of. I will make it a point not to answer any unknown number. If they drop by my place on the weekend I won't answer the door.

They must be getting desperate.

• choosing life
    choosing life

@ Snakes, I have been informed of the date of the memorial by an elderette who I met incidentally. Her and her hubby wanted to come by and see us. Told her I am too sick, which is true, but she insisted she will stop by some day. She asked me when I am coming back to the meetings and I reminded her I was too sick. Short memory, huh?

You did well by putting your card in a different location from where you live. I am not so sure that the elders you speak of are not vindictive enough to cause problems, if they choose to.

I read about your visit from elders and I can hardly believe they left you alone. Hope it stays that way. None of it really matters to me except I want to keep a good relationship with my kids. Otherwise, it is all a distant memory.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

cl:

I am not so sure that the elders you speak of are not vindictive enough to cause problems, if they choose to.

sh*t doesn't stink if they don't stir it.... they leave me alone, I leave them alone. lol

You did well by putting your card in a different location from where you live.
    I can hardly believe they left you alone

the fade was purposefully planned. I ran across several elders in my town over the last week....apparently some think I am already married.. or that is what they have been told to think.... no one wants to touch me with a 10 foot pole, and I am glad....

None of it really matters to me except I want to keep a good relationship with my kids. Otherwise, it is all a distant memory.

exactly.... I dont even know the date of the Reject Jesus WT Infomercial this year...or the assemblies...or the convention...and dont want to know... I want a good relationship with my JW mom.... it is strained right now.... hope to rectify that in April.... glad you still have that with your kids...

Snakes (Rich )

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i guess all of us have to make the decision to either hide from the elders or be able to stand up and say that god DOESN'T exclusively deal with the wts.in fact i believe christ doesn't know them at all.i understand some will lose family if they are truthful.therefore i refuse to judge a person who trys to remain.what a destructive sect the jws are!the apostle paul warned us against such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit