My Son is studying the lie, this is long but I need help !

by oldflame 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

Sorry to hear this, oldflame. It has been said here on JWN that baptism is the first step out of the Borg. I sure hope this is true for your son and that he isn't too scarred from his experience.

Try to remain supportive of him. Even though my parents got baptised, I made the effort to keep the relationship going even though they tried to shut it down plenty of times. It has not been easy.

Today, my Father says that he wants me to help him during his declining years and not his JW 'friends'. I actually asked him who he wanted helping him. I gave him the opportunity to choose. He chose me. He says I am supportive. I try to show unconditional love. This is difficult coming from an upbringing that taught the opposite. But I saw how it didn't work in life and have chosen to be different than what the Borg tries to force people to be.

I hope you can maintain some kind of relationship with him if possible, as long as it isn't too damaging for you.

• Mary
    Mary

Like I said to you on FB, there's a good chance that down the road, your son will see this religion for what it really is. Alot of 'converts' only last so long before they realize what a crock the whole thing is. Right now, your son's probably on a "spiritual high" but we all know that won't last. Now that he's baptized, all those who took such a keen interest in him will now drop him like a hot potatoe and move on to the next victim. Eventually, he's going to become disillusioned with it and probably leave.

In the meantime, you're just going to have to let it ride it's course. I know it sucks, but he's an adult and made this choice.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Thanks Mary you have been very special to me and I love you pal.

Thanks Heaven for your thoughts it was nice but this is going to be hard on me. After he was baptised he sent me a photo of it on my phone and then asked me if I was proud of him ! He knew how I felt about that shitty borg. He was trying to rub it in my face and that really pisses me off, but yes I do still love my son of course, I will not abandon him like they will. God give me the patience I need and the power to show him the difference bwtween right and wrong.

• Essan
    Essan

I did it again. Posted in an old thread as if it was new.

So sorry to hear he got baptized.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Old Flame..

You won`t win debateing doctrine..

Thats a never ending battle..People believe what they want to believe..

Expose the corruption in the WBT$..Theres plenty of it..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well here we are a couple of years later as you can see by the dates on this post . Well I got good news about my son . He was disfellowshipped and is not going back . Amen there is a God......He seen a Elder do something that was not according to they're rules and turned the Elder in . It was turned around on him and he was disfellowshipped . Oh and guess what ? The Elder in question was one of the Elders who disfellowshipped him . So thru healthy Prayer God has answered and saved my son form Hell !

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Congratulations. May every JW we know be so blessed. Good to hear from you.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Good to hear of your son`s release from captivity , maybe now he will be more receptive to look at sites like this ,jwfacts etc,which should cure him forever of looking back

smiddy

• nugget
    nugget

I am glad to hear he is out. Hopefully the injustice he has experienced will be the spur to keep him out without making him bitter. It is also good he has you as a constant in his life and a source of unconditional love he is lucky to have you.

• steve2
    steve2

Hope your relationship with your son begins to heal, although his being disfellowshipped may not immediately make him receptive to you. Sometimes pride gets in the way of melting the heart and admitting one was harsh to a parent. But time is a reliable and steady healer. Keep us posted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit