My Son is studying the lie, this is long but I need help !

by oldflame 87 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oldflame
    oldflame

maputo95,

It's not the Arianism of the WT I abhor but it's hatred of World culture and its insistence that all except them are wrong and satanic and its high contol absurd policies on blood.

Man I am right there with you on that one.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I think I pissed my son off he is not answering me now !

• Gayle
    Gayle

Try to keep on agreeable topics, not divisive ones. Talk about his "real" interests of now, today. Don't let the Watchtower divide you, don't let them separate you.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I would not concentrate on doctrine, but rather the track record of the organization.

• Mary
    Mary

I would just maybe let it go for a day or two OF......give him a chance to chew on what you've said. He might surprise you.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Hi Mary,

Well it's been a few days and no word yet I give it two more days then I will write him and see whats in his mind. I called my mother today she is a JW and I told her about our discussions. I told her that he started it and I finish it. She asked me what was it about so I told her that he was trying to refute the trinity with a 6 word scripture. She asked what I told him and I told her than I sent him about 20 scriptures to prove the trinity. I said that anyone who trys to make a whole book out of just a few words was stupid. I told her that there are far more scriptures that prove trinity than any that does not prove. Anyway I left her stumped she was silent for a few moments after telling her. I told her that with me if you want to talk about what you believe then you have to listen to what I got to say and I told her that , that was called mutual respect. Would you believe it she agreed ? Never before has my mother ever agreed to anything I believed that went against what she believes. So maybe I can now slowly start to show my mom things where they are wrong. I can only hope and pray !

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well he has went from Agrivated to depressed, whatever that means but I still have not heard from him.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Unless he is depressed over my latest letter, Here it is

Hi Son,

Okay I did not know that, I only know that you are studying with them and I also full well know what they do and what they teach. I hope that you do understand how vital this is if you get involved with a cult religion. That's all ! I am so glad that you have your own mind and yes I know that you are very capable of understanding what you read in the scriptures , but the one thing they teach the most is that the governing body in Bethel New York are the only ones capable of that and it is them who give the understanding to the flock. What a bunch of crockery, the bible was written for anyone to read and understand it is a proven fact that the bible is the easiest book to read and understand.
    I love you and I care about you deeply, you are my son my flesh andblood and darn it I care when oneof my kids are about to get involved with something very dangerous. not a physical danger but a spiritual danger. Please just make sure of all things before you go believeing them. I can show you with their own writings in their magazines where they have lied to their flock many many times. They have made predictions and what does the bible say about predictions ?
    Deuteronomy 18:22 says If a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord and it does not happen then the prophecy did not come from the Lord.

Son they have made claims of the end of the earth several times and when you ask them about it they reply that it was just a rumor but I can get copies of watchtowers that says differently that they actually set a day month and time for christ return. They have done this many many times since 1864. They even built a house for Christ and wore their best suits on that day because they thought Jesus was coming.
    Son the scriptures clearly say that no man knoweth the hour or the day but he did give us thing that would tell us when we are getting close. I must say that scriptural prophecy has been happening faster and more today than it ever has.

They tell their followers not to smoke but do you know that they have stock in Phillip Morris ? Yes and I can prove it ! Did you also know that they have stock in Rand who builds weapons for the military but don't you dare join ! They call the United Nations the wicked Beast (satan) but yet they were members of the United Nations until they got caught and they are no longer a member this was just a couple of years ago that this happened.
    Then to top it all of the one thing that really pisses me off to no end ? Child Molestors go free in that religion ! Why ? Because they have a two witness rule. Lets say that mom and dad find out that brother bill molested their daughter. They go to the Elders then the Elders go to Brother Bill and ask him if he did this. There is only the accusations of the daughter and no other witness. Well if Brother Bill says no I did not do that, then the parents are instructed to forget it because he did not admit it and there was only one witness. So then the parents decide to go to the police and report the crime the Elders then come to them and say why did you not follow instruction by the Elders do you not trust us ? Then sometimes the parents can be disfellowshipped. Now a lot of states have recently passed laws that those who are high archy in the religion do not report to the police that they can now also be prosecuted. I can show you where there is at this time right now over 250,000.00 law suits right now going on for people who were molested as children against those who committed the acts.
    The crap goes on and on and on. I can show you their lies to the people and their evil control they do. Do you realize that if you do join and then later find out that what I have been telling you all along was true and you leave ? They kick you out and shun you yes thats right if you get disfellowshipped Grandma can no longer have a relationship with you because you are now considered a apostate. In the bible a Apostate is someone who leaves God but to the witness it is someone who leaves their religion you see they believe that their religionis God and the 12 men in Bethel New York are the same as God.
    Anyway I am just saying be very careful and know full well what you are getting involved in. I am a Christian and I have one faith, that faith is in Christ and I know that I cannot get to heaven or everlasting life without him in me. I was baptised twice first time into the Mormon religion which is also a cult and then once in a Christian church the same as you son.
    I have studied scripture for many years and I know the bible well so please do feel free to discuss it with me, I would welcome that....VERY MUCH !
    Love Dad

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello OF,

I think the main thing is to show him Love and Grace. You have sown enough seeds regarding the truth regarding the WT. Any more will likely be overload.

Just show him the Love of the Father as a father.

And don't forget to pray and ask the Lord what to do :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• oldflame
    oldflame

Thanks Chalam, I have been praying he has changed from agrivated to depressed to crazy on his myspace page so I hope I gave him some good food for thought !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit