No Mans Land.........The Void..........Whatever........

by Night Owl 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

Having a believing spouse, but no longer having any desire to go to the meetings, or service, this is what I've come to call this space I'm in, and I'm sure a few others are in this same space.

NightOwl 

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    And that seems like a bad thing until you realize that in "no man's land" the regular rules no longer apply and you as an individual are the one who'll  decide what's what and who's who.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yep, your certainly not alone.  There was another thread on this topic a while back - you might check it out if you, like me, find some comfort in knowing that you're not alone.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/281621/roll-call-those-us-stuck-our-spouse-whos-spouse-still

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Instead of Saturday morning failed-serve-us, you can do whatever you want. When your spouse treats you like crap, you can tell them that THEY CLAIM to be a TRUE Christian, so why all the judgment?? 

DD

• prologos
    prologos

Soldier returning from combat, the regimental environment in their regiment have a hard time to adjust to civilian life. yet you could be ordered into combat and be killed.

Dont think about the comfort of command over you, enjoy the freedom of a free mind. 

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

So then, the next issue is whether to leave things as they are, me being inactive for many years, or to get disfellowshipped, which would certainly make everything cut and dried.

Certainly a difficult point to get to. 

NightOwl 

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

You are in a tough spot.

I was there, for 20 years.

As I reached my limit, it did not end well.

Hopefully, your spouse is/has not become truly Borg.

If not. maybe hope. If so, sorry buddy, welcome to Hell.

• Night Owl
    Night Owl

berry,

I guess it's welcome to HELL.

Seriously, this is the ONLY place where one can come to present their situation, because where else can one be understood?

It is not easy, because it is not usually a  "just get up and walk away" situation.

NightOwl 

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

No, you cannot just walk away.

There is not a more pathetic situation that exists.

I cannot post all of my details yet, but I can soon, hopefully.

Hopefully, you can interchange with many online who have/are gone/going through the otherwise, unbelievable emotions that this high-control group effects on family life.

• kairos
    kairos

I was in your spot for a short while before just quitting the JW's completely and fading.

My wife is still in. She went to the meeting this morning and service yesterday.

I quit hassling her about a week ago and things are going great.

Be patient, get solid on you decision to leave.

There is no reason to live under watchtower authority.

Why acknowledge the DFing or DAing doctrine?

I walked away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit