email fwd from my mom: utter BS..bet the sheeple eat this crap up and MY REACTION

by SnakesInTheTower 45 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I received this crap from my JW mom today. I hope it doesn't "encourage" you to go back . Her email had the opposite effect on me. It tells me I made the right decision leaving the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, The "Christian" Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, et al.

You see, when I left, I immediately felt the relief of not being burned all the time by all of the gossip that occurs within the congregations, circuits, etc. I was not consumed by the constant need to "Do More™." I was an elder and regular pioneer. I gave my entire life from age 4 or 5 until age 40 to the pursuit of Theocratic Goals™. Everytime I was pulled down a notch or two, I would fight my way back up the ladder. I reached all of the goals that I had set for myself except CO. After MTS, I realized the whole religion was a scam. The whole CO arrangement is nothing but a managerial technique for the corporation to keep an eye on its congregations -- better and more accurately known in the early days as "Companies." After 2002, I began looking for answers. It took me another 4 1/2 years to leave. I gave up chances at careers, education, family...all in the pursuit of the all consuming glag of "doing what Jehovah wants," but in reality slaving for Watchtower.

So, if you are someone that is still in the Organization, and you are lurking on this board reading this...know that I am not some "crazy apostate" but a former JW that did all that he was told and then some. When (and very likely not if but you will) recieve the below email..and I am sure it has made the rounds multiple times in the past...think about what the "Fire" in the illustration (because no way in hell did this "sheperdng call" actually happen...how dare he mess with his hosts fireplace)...REALLY represents ...not the warm glow and support of the organization...not the supposedly warm love of fellow brothers and sisters.....but the burning consumption of a cult and the harsh embrace of fellow cult members.

SnakesInTheTower (Rich...of the "now free of the embers of Watchtower" Sheep Class)

> The Shepherding Visit
    >
    > A brother, who previously had been attending meetings regularly, stopped going. After a few weeks, an elder decided to visit him.
    >
    > It was a chilly evening. The elder found the brother at home alone, sitting before a blazing fire. Guessing the reason for the elders visit, the brother welcomed him, led him to a comfortable chair near the fireplace and waited.
    >
    > The elder made himself at home but said nothing. In the grave silence, he contemplated the dance of the flames around the burning logs. After some minutes, the elder took the fire tongs, carefully picked up a brightly burning ember and placed it to one side of the hearth all alone then he sat back in his chair, still silent.
    >
    > The host watched all this in quiet contemplation. As the one lone ember's flame flickered and diminished, there was a momentary glow and then its fire was no more. Soon it was cold and dead.
    >
    > Not a word had been spoken since the initial greeting. The elder glanced at his watch and realized it was time to leave. He slowly stood up, picked up the cold, dead ember and placed it back in the middle of the fire. Immediately it began to glow, once more with the light and warmth of the burning coals around it.
    >
    > As the elder reached the door to leave, his host said with a tear running down his cheek, 'Thank you so much for your visit and especially for the fine encouragement.. I will be back in the Kingdom Hall next Sunday'.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

words fail me, who makes up this B/S?

• superpunk
    superpunk

OH IT'S SO MOVING.

I just barfed.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sounds like zen buddhism to me.

Not that there's anything wrong with zen buddhism.

Sylvia

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

what makes me so angry is that my mom has time to issue this utter bullsh*t in an email but she cant pick up the f*ck*ng phone and call me to see how I am doing?

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or scream. So damn sad.

Snakes (Rich )

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

Haha that's an old illustration that was given at my mum's church the other week regarding christian fellowship! Typical of the witnesses to hijack it and try to pass it off as a sheperding visit experience. Pathetic!

BorgHater x

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Thats an old Story..

Every once in a while, it`s Resurrected..

LOL!!

..................... ...OUTLAW

• oppostate
    oppostate

Sooo, could it be that the person in question didn't realize what the elder 
    was doing playing with the embers and only needed someone to be there
    for companionship? If the elder really meant to use his little illustration 
    he would have made application of it I'm sure otherwise he'd run the risk 
    that the message would be lost. It sounds so much like a made up story.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It sounds very zen to me. I am sure that the story was stolen from another source.

I would write her back and say, "Yes, everyone was getting burned in the organization and those that left on their own cooled off. But as soon as they return, they will be burned again."

• nugget
    nugget

So it's a lie like all the other lies. I thought elders were supposed to snatch us out of the flames, typical that they are there stuffing us back in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit